2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TPS adjustment, thanks Steve (and everyone else)!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:55 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default TPS adjustment, thanks Steve (and everyone else)!

I just wanted to thank Steve05ram360formentioning that TPS adjustment procedure. I bought a digitalelectrical checkerat Oreillys for $18 and found out my TPSwas at .54V.After I drilled out thescrew spacers and adjusted the TPS to .73V, I took it out for a test drive.

WOW! felt like the firstday I installed my Fastman. That noticable.And I savedabout $32.

I can't believe the wealth of knowledge that exists here. 3 months ago I was scared to change a cap and rotor, and was looking to trade this thing in cause it was such a pig.I've since done a complete tune up, found a defective trac lok in the rear diff,replaced a plenum gasket, installed electric fans, replace every fluid in my truck, etc, andnow I can't wait to tear open the valve covers and replace the stock rockers with HS 1.7 Roller Rockers (hopefully next month). The truck runs better than it has in 3 years and feels like new. (Hopefully I'll reach a happy point with my performance mods and get started on that dashboard and paint. )

Thanks to everybody here who's offered advice, contributed to the forum, and shared a little bit of their knowledge with me in the last 3 months. I'm actually scared to get a new vehiclenow; I don't know who I'd turn to for advice.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: TPS adjustment, thanks Steve (and everyone else)!

Pretty soon, you'll be able to pass along some knowledge, and that's a good thing!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:54 PM
aspencop129
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels

I just wanted to thank Steve05ram360formentioning that TPS adjustment procedure.
Can yu point me in that direction? I missed that thread................thanks.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 AM
95ram

Here's a link for TPS adjustment: http://www.v8performance.com/tipsandtricks.htm#TPS_Mod

Old 10-10-2007, 08:19 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels

I just wanted to thank Steve05ram360formentioning that TPS adjustment procedure. I bought a digitalelectrical checkerat Oreillys for $18 and found out my TPSwas at .54V.After I drilled out thescrew spacers and adjusted the TPS to .73V, I took it out for a test drive.

WOW! felt like the firstday I installed my Fastman. That noticable.And I savedabout $32.

I can't believe the wealth of knowledge that exists here. 3 months ago I was scared to change a cap and rotor, and was looking to trade this thing in cause it was such a pig.I've since done a complete tune up, found a defective trac lok in the rear diff,replaced a plenum gasket, installed electric fans, replace every fluid in my truck, etc, andnow I can't wait to tear open the valve covers and replace the stock rockers with HS 1.7 Roller Rockers (hopefully next month). The truck runs better than it has in 3 years and feels like new. (Hopefully I'll reach a happy point with my performance mods and get started on that dashboard and paint. )

Thanks to everybody here who's offered advice, contributed to the forum, and shared a little bit of their knowledge with me in the last 3 months. I'm actually scared to get a new vehiclenow; I don't know who I'd turn to for advice.
+1

3 cheers for df!

Old 10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
aspencop129

ORIGINAL: 95ram

Here's a link for TPS adjustment: http://www.v8performance.com/tipsandtricks.htm#TPS_Mod
Thanks!

Quick Reply: TPS adjustment, thanks Steve (and everyone else)!