2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Subs in Ram's

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:13 AM
ViperJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subs in Ram's

Hey guys, I am looking to put 2 10's in my ram but I am trying out where to put them. Have you guys installed them under the front seat or back seat (if you have the extended cab)? Anybody want to post pics

Old 10-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Bouncer88
All Star
Default RE: Subs in Ram's

If you have a regular cab just put them behind the seats, extended cab under rear or front seats.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 AM
ViperJ

Well I want them under the rear seats but I am trying to find out what other peoples sub boxes look like.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:41 AM
ONECRAZYJEEP
Professional

I HAD TWO 12'S IN A BOX UNDER THE BACK SEAT WITH THE SPEAKERS FACING OUT TOWARDS THE FRONT SEATS. THEY HIT REALLY GOOD THERE. BUT NOW I HAVE A 10" SUB IN A BOX I MADE THAT FITS PEFECT BETWEEN THE BACK SEAT AND THE ARMREST CENTER COUNSLE. ILL TRY TO GET A PIC OF IT AND POST IT FOR YOU.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:15 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The front seats seem like a easy route to go... but if I ever had someone in the back seat... they will have zero foot room. I'm not really a fan of advertising what's in my truck (although it looks very nice done that way). So,I was looking to build a box under the back seat. It looks like it might be a PITA because it does not seem very square and there would be a lot of complicated box work (or so I suspect; at least in my 01 ext cab).

I found these online: http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046

I don't know if they are any good or not, or how bad they will bend you over on shipping...

I'd be interested in hearing what route you end up going - or if anyone else has had positive experience with this (or similar) box.

ONECRAZYJEEP - How were you able to get 2 12's under the back seat facing forward? If I recall - it doesn't seem like there is enough room to fit those in there vertically - and still have the seat down. Did you have them angled somewhat? Did you raise the rear seat a bit? Just curious... because I want to put in dual 10s - and I think that it might perform a bit better pounding into air rather than the floor or seat in the back.

Thanks,
Cartman

Old 10-09-2007, 01:06 PM
heybuddy1901
Professional

i have 2 12's in mine in a ported box

i just put it in the back seat against the back of the armrest and front seats and the back seat sits at a half folded down position on top of it.

it works cause i never have more than 2 passengers in the truck.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:25 PM
marionso14
Professional

my favorite setup is the JL Audio Stealthbox. they make a box for under the back seat for two 10's and one that replaces the middle front seat for a 12

now they are a little pricy but you get a quality fiberglass box,carpeted to match your interior, and it includes the sub

i have installed many systems and this is by far the best sounding.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...p;model_id=740

Old 10-09-2007, 06:25 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man i got a stealth box for 2 tens ill sell its only like 6 mths old had it in my truck but now i want to go bigger and badder i got pics if u want check out my cardomain site to see it its carpeted tan and it hits good if amped and setup right heres my domain site http://www.cardomain.com/ride/844842i need 175 obo plus shipping i paid alot more but im reasonable its made by qlogic ....j

Old 10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
spaz_22
Captain

there's a guy in the classified section that selling a box for 2 10's that fit under the rear seat, it includes the brackets to lift the seat up 4 inches and everything you need minus subs...check there...

Old 10-11-2007, 01:10 AM
sstgonzo
Professional

i have 2 kicker comp 12s and it broke off a chip that my rearview was attacted too....gay

Quick Reply: Subs in Ram's