2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Head Unit Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Head Unit Install

Alrighty guys... I decided to buy the "DEH-P4900IB" which is a pioneer head unit. I'm a fan of pioneer for home audio so that was easy. However I decided to go with crutchfield and am just gonna wire it up myself. I mean for the deal I got, I couldnt pass it up. So I bought the radio that came with the one end of the adapter, crutchfield gave me thetruck end like everyone knows. They gave me the din adapter plate, lol... and instructions (who needs those... ). So if I went to the store, That would have been ridiculous to buy. Not to mention free shipping too. Heres where the good part comes in. That radio is on sale from 179.99 down to 159.99 . And because of my "cheapness", I ran across a coupon to knock off 20 bucks. So I got everythign i need besides the crimp connections that ill pick up later. Total parts cost?? $139.99 to my door. excluding crimp things... but who cares. There is no way I would have gotten that at bestbuy or circuitcity for that price. It arrived to my door step safe and sound today, so were all set for when i come home for the weekend from college. I'll keep u updated.

pcfixerpro

Old 10-17-2007, 11:09 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Head Unit Install

Congrats on the new purchase. If you have any issues installing it I'm sure someone here will try to help you out.

Quick Reply: Head Unit Install