2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP WITH HEADLIGHTS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:52 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP WITH HEADLIGHTS!!!

Ok guys, I am wicked confused. I spent $140 on a set of headlights on ebay for my 2001 Dodge Ram Off-Road package. My headlights have two different seperate headlamps, one for lowbeam, and one for highbeam. In the picture, it clearly looks like it has two different bulb spots. Well anyway, these headlights came in the mail today. So I took out the stock headlights, only problem was that I wound up really tearing **** up trying to get them out, so a lot of my stock headlight assembly is destroyed. Then putting the new headlights was an absolutely nightmare, and nothing fit perfectly. After I finally SHOVED them in, I realized that there was only one headlamp spot....which explained why nothing was fitting perfectly. So I left a message with the guy saying he sent me the wrong headlights. Then he said to me those are the right model headlights but they do not fit SPORT models. I thought my truck was an off-road package, not a sport package... Whatthe hell am i supposed to do now, I have a $140 set of headlights and a broken set of stock headlight assembly, so I can't even return the headlights now...****

Dont these look like they have two headlamp outlets??: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...91915&rd=1

Old 10-12-2007, 11:56 PM
XXL 1500
Captain
Default RE: HELP WITH HEADLIGHTS!!!

report him to ebay
he should at least take for an exchange

Old 10-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Japoro

Hate to say it, but in looking at the those headlights on Ebay, they look like they only have one headlamp outlet and one turn signal lamp.

In that hill climb video of yours, your truck does appear to be a sport model seeing as it was all one one color, front bumpe, grill etc

Old 10-13-2007, 12:12 AM
nhlbill
Veteran

It says right in the EBAY ad (Except 99-01 Sport models) which is what you have if you have two bulbs per headlight. The picture in the EBAY ad doesn't show two bulbs per headlight, it shows one bulb and one reflecion of that bulb.

I don't think your going to get anywhere with the vendor personally.

At any rate, you need "Sport" model headlights. they do sell them on EBAY for around $200.00 a set, but you have to look at the ads closely.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:37 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i would try to return or sell them you can clear you headlights yourself its cheaper and pretty easy!

Old 10-13-2007, 03:16 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ah man, i wonder why they don't offer clear corner headlights for the sport models? Well what I decided to do was have a audio shop turn the seperate low beam and high beam wires into one so the the one bulb can act as both, so it's going to be a bitch, but it will be less of hassle trying to take them back out again and returning ****, my bad. i didnt know i ahd the sport model, i just thought it was called the off-road edition...damn.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:09 PM
tazman6789
Veteran

you can identify the sport by the headlight and front bumper, sports have 2 bulbs vs non sport have 1 and the front bumper is plastic and painted like the truck... lesson learned i guess.... i would find a way to make the old lights work till you can get a new set off ebay.... sell the ones you have on ebay if the guy wont return them for you... if i had ANY idea what happend to my old sport headlights ide send them to ya but i think theyve made it to the garbage by now... lemmy ask my boss if he kept them for some strange reason

Quick Reply: HELP WITH HEADLIGHTS!!!