2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pep Boys.....UGH!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:59 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pep Boys.....UGH!

Not one of my better days today. Took the GF's ranger over to Pep Boys at 71st and Memorial to get a couple of new tires put on. Should be a simple process right?
Well the store at 71st doesnt have them. Svc mgr says they are a discontinued item. Funny that the add doesn't say that. It gets better.
He tells me that the store on 21st and Admiral has two in stock, so we head up there. After a cross town trip, we arrive at the store and I explain that I want the front tires (which I bought at a Phoenix PB this spring) rotated to the rear, and new tires put on the front. Makes sense right? I leave my phone number and am told the
truck should be done before 1. It's now 10 am.
We hear nothing, so at 3:30, we get back to the store. No calls, but the truck is sitting out front. I pull up next to it, and notice two problems.
There are two new tires on the front, and the old tires are on the rear still!
So I go in and tell the NEW svc manager that they ed the job, and the tech claims he did what the work order claimed. The svc mgr checks the order and finds the tech didn't follow the directions, so NOW they have to get it back in and fix it right. So the tech goes out and starts smoking a cigarette. It gets better!
The service manager gets mad, starts chewin' on the techs. There's a scramble to find the old/new tires, which had been placed on the used
tire rack. They found them, I checked them and then the tech and a helper literaly threw them on. When I got home I had to adjust both trim rings so they snapped on tightly.

I know service at Pep Boys can be dicey, but this took the cake. Oh, I got 13 bucks off a 150.00 invoice. Whoopey!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:30 PM
CALVIN305
Professional
Default RE: Pep Boys.....UGH!

pep boys sucks!!! this reminds me of a story i had with them...

my 1991 chevy caprice shut down on me and after putting a new fuel pump and fuel filter it still didnt want to stay on. so at the time i was doing fulltime school and fulltime work so i didnt have much time to start taking it apart and just sent it to pep boys. now i had a new distributor i wanted to add so i told them it didnt start but i also wanted to add this distributor on as well( i know big mistake saying i dont kno whats wrong tell me and fix it please). well install of dist. was i think $100. year getting raped already. so he calls me and says they installed the dist. but still doesnt start and they can do 2 tests which cost like 90each to see whats wrong...i said fine just do it and tell me whats wrong...he calls me couple days laterand says the fuel pump isnt getting enought voltage. so i say i just put a new pump on. he says maybe the other mech. didnt put a new one on or its a faulty pump. so what ever i tell them ok do it. new fuel pump and install is almost 150. i say just do it. they do it. and he calls says it aint that.. so i said wtf do u mean it wasnt that? u said it was that. he says yea but they dont know they working on it. they gonna have to take the fuel tank off and check the fuel system lines to make sure it isnt that...so some how my total is now going to be $850.... and it still doesnt run. i go online and ask around on some caprice websites some say check the wires to taillight because they share they same ground as the fuel pump. so i tell the pep boys moron to check it..i go in after couple days and asked if he checked it because i didnt get a call. he says yea they did but nothing. so i say ok look im not paying 850.. so he only charges me for the dist. install and i battery i had gotten. i go out there ask for a new battery cause this one they gave me is dead. i go to the back and look at the taillight wires and i can tell no one even looked. i notice the owner before me wired a hitch light to the taillight wires and the wires are burnt!!...so i by pass the **** he did and put the battery on...guess what... it runs!! 4 weeks later and it ****ing runs! i go back in and tell him i got it running it was a wire... i laugh and said almost got me for 850 and drive off.

felt great...

ps. sorry i didnt mean to add my story i just hate pep boys!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:36 PM
XXL 1500
Captain
Default RE: Pep Boys.....UGH!

i used to work at a pepboys a long time ago

service center sucks

i was best parts manager ever
complain!! complain!!
call 1800-PepBoys

i hate pepboys
call that number and tell them about it
pepboys is a corporation and believe me, they do get chewed out and penalized for bad reviews.
call that number and tell them about it.