2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

damn problems...damn dodges

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:50 PM
dmdenike
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn problems...damn dodges

have a few questions....my truck seems to squeek really bad when im driving....could this be the u-joints? also it waits a second then clunks into reverse wheni try to back up. the big thing is my transmission. Ive already replaced the filter and fluid but when my truck trys to shift from second to third it doesnt go unless i let off the gas completly or gun it to get up the speed. it really bugs me. Am i in need of a rebuild? please help. thanks

Old 10-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Scottr1110
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: damn problems...damn dodges

well to check the u joints just grab the to sections and try and twist them if they twist then you needle bearings are good and the shifting could be as simple as adjusting the cable at the thottle bodie preatty sure those are adjustable but i have a stick so i couldnt tell ya

Old 10-16-2007, 04:58 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: damn problems...damn dodges

try your throttle cable alignment. But it sounds to me like you might need a rebuild. Scrap that idea and go to the fast man and get a tranny. www.thefastman.com my tranny cost 2800 to rebuild... 1700+700 core deposit is WAY better.

Quick Reply: damn problems...damn dodges