2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

clicks when I romp on the pedal

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:25 PM
XXL 1500
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: clicks when I romp on the pedal

lifter problem maybe
timing chain maybe
your going to have to diag it some more lol
really cant tell you much more

for all i know it could be your frame twisting causing your motor mounts to bind up and make your exhaust manifold hit the engine bay compartment from all the white-fisted torque you are making lol - jk

Old 11-01-2007, 10:27 PM
XXL 1500
Captain

or it could be, as dane cook said
it is a
mystical creature inside of my exhaust system
thank you sir... for removing the unicorn that was poking holes in my exhaust and sh*tting in my filters.. thank you for not screwing me big time

lmao

Old 11-02-2007, 01:19 PM
mopar crazy
Professional

Ya know, I was kinda thinking that about the frame twisting at work today as well. Yesterday I drove 30 minutes to fill up my gas tank ( I go where the gas is normal gas, not that new reformulated crap) and I was romping on the truck to and from and had no noise. If it was the frame twisting from the torque then i would think it would be every time to stomp on her.

This is driving me crazy, hasnt made that sound in 2 days so far. My cat is new as well, prolly only 15,000 miles on it.........got dodge to recall and warrenty it because of the issue a few yrs ago.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:43 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Iseriously doubtwe are creating that amount of torque, I think that was just a joke on XXL 1500's part. now, if you had a loose motor mount or worn out bushings, that might do it.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:46 PM
mopar crazy
Professional

Well, either case the thought did cross my mind. So far it's been about 4 days now and the noise seems to be gone for the moment. I keep stomping the gas but that irregular clicking / clanking wont show its face. These past 4 days I have been driving with the over-drive off, not sure if thats making a difference in that noise but i'll have to start testing that out this week to and from work.

Are you making any progress Aim?

Old 11-04-2007, 08:11 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend

Can't get it to repeat, I can't fix it if it ain't broken.

I wonder if the coil might nothave beenfully charging athigh RPM's at WOT and it caused a slight misfire. I might just upgradeto a MSD blaster 3 coil, I've been looking at a 6A box, but it won't hurt to put a new coil in before that.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:21 PM
mopar crazy
Professional

hehe. Yours stops making the noise and mine stops making the noise. Just when I finally get a digital camera so I can make a sound clip of this noise it now goes away.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:13 PM
athespen
Rookie

One of my friend's rams was making that noise as well. He had a bad EGR valve. Replaced it and the noise was gone.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:36 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well all yall especially aim keep posting on this problem for i have heard it in my engine just as aim has described and ive posted something about it but still cant figure it out....j

Old 11-05-2007, 10:56 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend

Well, I'm pretty surefigured my problem out, but I doubt it'll helpmost of youout.

I've been romping on this thing for the last few days in all different types of ways and placesto see if I could repeat it, no luck. I mean nothing at all. Today I did on the exact same strip of road I first heard it and it happened again tink, tink, tink.So I U-turned and stomped on it realgood, no click. Another U turn and stomp, there it goes again!

WTF??? I was stumped until I jumped on it from a dead stop and slipped the wheels. It turns out there is a huge TXI cement mixing plant on that road and the trucks that bring them the pea gravel they mix in all come up the same route on one side of the road. I've been kicking pea gravel up into the damned truck. The gravel's all uniform in size so it has the same exact tink, but comes at irregular intervals. That's the only thingI can think of.

Quick Reply: clicks when I romp on the pedal