2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

bedliner as a floorboard???

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:11 PM
THEGOLDPRO
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bedliner as a floorboard???

i was going to do this this spring, i was actually going ot drop it off at my line-x guy and have him do the bed, the inside floors, and the rocker panels, i madea crude rendition in ms paint of what im talking about, lol everyhitng in white will be line-xed lol that includes the front and rear bumpers.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:45 PM
VVlining

Jeep vs Truck pans. We have sprayed many interior jeep pans with custom colors and standard black, however there are a few things that you need to know. First off if the vehicle is older there are wire bundles that run along the rug runners and the wire strips that run under the carpet padding. These all have to be re-located at an expense. Now the second thing is the price. Most of my customers will take everything out with the exception of the driver seats but understand that it takes a lot or prep work to prepare interior applications. 50% or the pans that we spray have corrosion an/or holes and need to be patched first. Bottom line these our liners do an outstanding job but the price is 2 x's that of spraying a truck bed.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:59 PM
JCliffordd
Professional

My buddy did it in his Cherokee used hurculiner i think it came out to be between 70-100 for the roll on it took him about a day in a half or so, But the interior is great and it looks awesome.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Dontdodgeitramit
Professional

I was still in high school and as a class project we ripped everything out of my 92 Cherokee and used it. The floors were starting to rot out and water would come in whenever i went off roading. So it worked great just stick something in the holes where bolts go. Its a bitch having to find,drill and clean them out.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:49 PM
92GreenYJ
Professional

i've done it in my wrangler and my buddy has done it in his Cherokee. It looks good and wroks very well. as for the sound deadening issue i find it works well if you just use a few heavy coats. In addition, you might want to think about drilling some holes in the floor and adding some drain plugs. My YJ had em already but my buddys XJ didn't. makes cleaning the interior easy as pie. just pull the drain plugs and hose it out.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:20 PM
TonkaMan
Rookie

I have a 99 ram with a 6 foot bed I used the herculiner roll on, did it myself. I thought about doing the interior with the stuff but gave up on the idea simply because I have a lot of wiring hidden under the carpet that would be a total PITA to relocate. doing this yourself is a lot of work, you have to sand the entire area to roughen it up so the stuff sticks then wash it with some chemical, I cant remember the name, after that wipe the whole thing down with xylol which is like a very strong paint thinner. it took me 2 days worth of work and a gallon of the stuff to do the whole bed over the rails and the gate. it looks phenomena, I just have to do another coat in some areas where the paint is showing through. I guess the bottom line is that it would be totally worth it if you are electrically inclined to relocate the wiring... or dont mind having bundles of wires laying about in your truck.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:12 AM
BostonRamGuy
Professional

Go with the professional spray on. If you use a home kit it will be gritty and will rub off.

Quick Reply: bedliner as a floorboard???