2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1500 Ram pull a 9,500 pd. excavator?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 08:39 PM
XXL 1500
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1500 Ram pull a 9,500 pd. excavator?

see my tranny destruction thread...
haha

Old 10-30-2007, 12:36 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

LOL, bouncer you are out of control man. I mean I guess I am grateful that you think my truck is nice looking and all, but the negative attitude really suprises me... I mean, I guess I'd expect the attitude if it was coming from somebody that had an ugly truck, but you have a nice truck, and you are getting all pissy for no good reason. I don't know about you, but I think if you were in my position, you would be doing the same thing though. I know this truck looks great, and its because of all the hard work I put into it. I never thought there would be something wrong with being proud of your own truck, or your twin brother's truck. Theres no question why these two rigs are great looking, and its because we both put tons of work into them, so why would i want to show you guys these trucks?? Hell, its truck forums that appreciate them the most, so makes sense to show the guys right?? This is what this forum is for, to showcase your truck, and be able to freely discuss it with the fellow ram owners on this site. I dont really appreciate you shoving words into my mouth either, just isnt nice. I really cant see how putting pictures into this thread is out of line. It completely gives people a visual concept as to why I thought it could pull an excavator. Seriouslly, can anyone else here support me on this?

I'm sorry you are personally offended from persistent enthusiasm of my truck, it isn't something I can help. I wouldnt ever want to send off any kind of negative vibe to anyone on this forum. Why would I want to tick the people off that are probably the most appreciative of dodge rams? I think you are a little out of line again Bouncer for making harsh assumptions of me again. Had 69Chevy guy not taken over the show in the gutted cat thread, you were definately right behind him on rudeness, and I didnt appreciate it. So sorry if you are offended by the truck, I understand its a good looking truck, but thats no mistake. I put my hard earned money and time into this thing, and what better place to showcase it to the people who understand it best?? This particular thread, in my view, called for pictures. Had this truck been ugly, Im sure you would have not said anything about it being in the thread, so keep that mind. Again, Im suprised this is coming from someone who has a lot of pride in their good looking ram as well. If anything, you should compltely understand where I am coming from. There should be no arguments on this forum that pertain personally. Arguments should only consist of good old healthy opiions....NOT grudges...jeeez.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Bouncer88
All Star

No 20dodgeneon00, putting pictures in the thread wasn't out of line , it just really had nothing to do with the question at hand, take a hollow ball made of glass painted to look like raw steel then take a ball made of raw steel that looks like raw steel, which has more structural integrity? The real steel ball despite the fact that the fake one looks like raw steel, get what I am saying? It just seems as if every thread you make is to showcase your truck yet you disguise it with a decieving title, showcasing the truck is fine , it is a beautiful truck no doubt about it but do it in a gallery, the forum is a place to learn, SHOWCASE (but not in every thread), and get tips and help from other ram owners, not to talk about how you spin mad tire and show off the lift we know you have with every single thread.

If your truck had been ugly and you continued to brag about it (nothing wrong with bragging) I would have said something, if you are bringing this down to jealousy please don't, and lets not get into working hard because I do to. As far as the other thread, I was not rude to anyone but Chevy guy, and I was backing up fellow ram owners.

With that said, don't worry man , no grudges here just opinions.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:12 AM
1500sport
Professional

20DodgeNeon00,
Just becauseyour truck sits higher than others does not mean it can pull a dang bit more. Height doesn't mean anything when it comes to pulling. In fact with the 35's unless you have around 4.56 gears in the rear you are at a disadvantage compared to other stock ride trucks. Lift will help off road but not with towing. Just watch the truck pulls you referred to in the other thread, very very few of them are running over 33" tires, some smaller than that and the ones who try to run bigger tires are usually at the back of the pack.

Also when contemplating towing a 9500lb load with a half ton, you have to figure in how the trailer is loaded and balanced out. If the weight is evenly distributed on the trailer or just a little more towards the front the trucks suspension could handle it. The weight would still be hard on the tranny though, all the other components should handle that load without breaking.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:23 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

Hay guys, lets settle grudges in PM's

ORIGINAL: 1500sport

20DodgeNeon00,
Just becauseyour truck sits higher than others does not mean it can pull a dang bit more. Height doesn't mean anything when it comes to pulling. In fact with the 35's unless you have around 4.56 gears in the rear you are at a disadvantage compared to other stock ride trucks. Lift will help off road but not with towing. Just watch the truck pulls you referred to in the other thread, very very few of them are running over 33" tires, some smaller than that and the ones who try to run bigger tires are usually at the back of the pack.

Also when contemplating towing a 9500lb load with a half ton, you have to figure in how the trailer is loaded and balanced out. If the weight is evenly distributed on the trailer or just a little more towards the front the trucks suspension could handle it. The weight would still be hard on the tranny though, all the other components should handle that load without breaking.
+1

Old 10-30-2007, 10:24 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Bouncer88

Look man, your truck is nice and so isn't your brothers truck. No need to showcase it anymore, the looks had nothing to do with the question I think it was just a way for you to once again showcase your ride, if you want to do that make a gallery or a car domain, the 5 threads per day about your truck can all be put into one thread, without talk of your brothers f-350 that you wish would mate with your Ram , no need to talk about the jizz on the carpet that you put there because you were pleasuring yourself to your truck that you see every day.

I don't want to be an *** but it gets old when I want to help you out and come into the thread to yet again read how your truck is lifted and has massive tire spinning power.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 10-30-2007, 10:27 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

LOL, bouncer you are out of control man. I mean I guess I am grateful that you think my truck is nice looking and all, but the negative attitude really suprises me... I mean, I guess I'd expect the attitude if it was coming from somebody that had an ugly truck, but you have a nice truck, and you are getting all pissy for no good reason. I don't know about you, but I think if you were in my position, you would be doing the same thing though. I know this truck looks great, and its because of all the hard work I put into it. I never thought there would be something wrong with being proud of your own truck, or your twin brother's truck. Theres no question why these two rigs are great looking, and its because we both put tons of work into them, so why would i want to show you guys these trucks?? Hell, its truck forums that appreciate them the most, so makes sense to show the guys right?? This is what this forum is for, to showcase your truck, and be able to freely discuss it with the fellow ram owners on this site. I dont really appreciate you shoving words into my mouth either, just isnt nice. I really cant see how putting pictures into this thread is out of line. It completely gives people a visual concept as to why I thought it could pull an excavator. Seriouslly, can anyone else here support me on this?

I'm sorry you are personally offended from persistent enthusiasm of my truck, it isn't something I can help. I wouldnt ever want to send off any kind of negative vibe to anyone on this forum. Why would I want to tick the people off that are probably the most appreciative of dodge rams? I think you are a little out of line again Bouncer for making harsh assumptions of me again. Had 69Chevy guy not taken over the show in the gutted cat thread, you were definately right behind him on rudeness, and I didnt appreciate it. So sorry if you are offended by the truck, I understand its a good looking truck, but thats no mistake. I put my hard earned money and time into this thing, and what better place to showcase it to the people who understand it best?? This particular thread, in my view, called for pictures. Had this truck been ugly, Im sure you would have not said anything about it being in the thread, so keep that mind. Again, Im suprised this is coming from someone who has a lot of pride in their good looking ram as well. If anything, you should compltely understand where I am coming from. There should be no arguments on this forum that pertain personally. Arguments should only consist of good old healthy opiions....NOT grudges...jeeez.
bottom line is dude you made a thread that asks if you can pull a 9500 pound trailor with your 1500. you kinda asked for it...

and i stand with bouncer... you dont see us makin posts about our trucks every day... not bein mean just bustin *****.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:55 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Allright guys, am I missing something here, seriouslly? You guys tend to like to gang up on me for no reason. I love how everyone likes to consolidate my role on the forum as just being this guy who posts pix about his trucks all day while subliminally trying to showcase his truck. Howcome nobody wants to point out all of the helpful tips and advice I give to people on this forum EVERYDAY? I always throw my 2 cents in the most helpful manner possible. Maybe you guys like to misconstrue me here online, but I guarantee if you knew me in person, you know I am COMPLETELY OPPOSITE of how you guys are portraying me here on this forum. Sure, I can admit, I am very cocky of my truck, hell, why wouldn't I?? I put all of my energy into this thing, never knew there were limitations of having a real passion for automotive. I just find it funny how you guys dwell on things, that in the relm of things, were very miniscure when I wrote them.

For instance, the tires thing...I've never posted a thread completely pertaining to tire squeeling. In fact, it was just a detail to "spice" the dialogue up. Then Bouncer, you took that personal, and made the tire squeeling thing,...A BIG DEAL, which was not even the point of the thread to begin with. So are you guys saying that all of my posts pertain to just my truck, right? Because that is sure as hell what you are saying. I know for a fact that I have a ton of insight when it comes to vehicles. I may not know everything about the guts of a vehicle, but I can tell you I have one of the most ambitious drives to learn so. I am constantly talking with mechanics learning more and more everyday, it's basically what completes me. So when I hear people bashing on me, telling me that all I do is talk about me, you seriouslly have some odd grudges. I put my work into forum. I try to help people out with their threads all the time. I also try to create threads that will spark good healthy conversations that are INTERESTING. Its too bad the whole time people were just building up some kind of hate for me, because thats what it is. And once again, its just sad. Nobody here should be holding grudges. The fact all of us own trucks to begin with puts us all in the lucky category. The only reason why some trucks are most flashy than others, is because some people have the drive to want to stand out from the crowd....look at IndyRam's truck, you know its his when you see it because he put the time and energy into it, and he loves to show it off, because its sweet. Motorbreath, look at you, your truck has ****ing huge *****, and it looks mint, and your 18 right??? You are very lucky to have that beast of a truck! Bouncer, look at all the mods you have done to your truck, the thing is balling...etc etc etc. You guys get my drift right?? There are better ways to address me, so stop being irrational, because it is simply not fair. I strive to make my being on this forum as helpful as possible. I reply to way more posts than I do make threads. If you guys have a problem of me being proud of my truck, you need to suck that up, period. It's a great looking truck, and I will show it. Now,yes, I do admit, I probably do show it too much, but its out of PURE excitement, and motivational drive. I cant help it, i just love it, and im very thankful to have this truck, i got soo lucky with the deal i swung on it, so my drive will alwyas be there. if you want me to cut back a little, i can do that, no problem. i apoligize if irubbed anyone off the wrong way. but in the future, there are mroe kind, more effective ways to tell me your thoughts instead of bashing me in my threads, and bashing my concepts of my threads, its uncalled for.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Bouncer88
All Star

You aren't reading into it, I know you post helpful information, I know you mean well, but you sayyou have 12.5 inch tires, looking at those pics those are the same width as the ones on my Indy, the whole tire squeeling thing was because you said it like it was the sole purpose for gutting your cat.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:04 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

look at IndyRam's truck, you know its his when you see it because he put the time and energy into it, and he loves to show it off, because its sweet.
my modesty prevents me from reitterating this point [sm=smiley36.gif]

Quick Reply: 1500 Ram pull a 9,500 pd. excavator?