2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dash question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 05:03 AM
sstgonzo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash question

ok I went to a junk yard got a dash out of a diff truck since mines cracked all the **** now...I have every screw out but can figure out how to get it off by the map pocket...also it was a vin riveted on it and i guess mine does too any sugs here? Let me know thanks

Old 11-13-2007, 04:27 PM
br3ktw
Default RE: dash question

Are you removing the just the top portion of the dash or the entire dash section? What year?

Old 11-13-2007, 04:42 PM
br3ktw
Default RE: dash question

I'll just offer what info I have. I just removed the top portion of my dash (in a 94 1500) so that I could sand and repaint it and it was a pain in the butt, butt, butt! In regards to every other problem I encountered the area around the mappocket is held in place by about 6 or 7 bolts on the backside of the lip that is above the map pocketopening itself.I could'nt get to them until i unbolted as much of the entire dash section as I could on that side pulled the dash out as far as i could without breaking or cracking anything in order to get something back there to undo the bolts. The good thing? I decided not to put the bolts back in and you cant tell a difference at all.

Quick Reply: dash question