2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Powerstroke Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
DodgeFreak525
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerstroke Conversion

I want to get rid of my cummins and convert to powerstoker. A buddy of mine is coming up this weekend and says he will help, and that he does these change overs all the time. What you guys think? Badass or what!? After all I rather be Strokin then Cummin,:-D

Old 11-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Powerstroke Conversion

I hope this is a joke...

I dont know why anyone would want to replace a cummins with a powerjoke

Old 11-07-2007, 04:16 PM
DodgeFreak525

I am am big fan of the dodge body style, but man i love the sound of a purring Powerstroke. I got a big ole 7.3 sittin in my garage from my last, shes ready to go in i just got to get it converted

Old 11-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Sixtysixdeuce
Captain

What you guys think? Badass or what!?
More like ridiculous.

I hope this is a joke...

I dont know why anyone would want to replace a cummins with a powerjoke
That was my first though as well. Why wouuld anyone want to take out the most durable, highest output per cube and most fuel efficient small diesel and replace it with one that snaps off glow plug ends inside the holes.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Ben D.
Champion

dude are you daft?? I mean the 7.3 was a good motor but still it was nothing compared to the cummins. You say the sound of a PSD well guess what those big rigs that are diesel use the same engine config as the CTD so if anything sounds bad *** its the CTD. I dunno why in the world you would go from the ultimate diesel to the PSD.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: DodgeFreak525

I want to get rid of my cummins and convert to powerstoker. A buddy of mine is coming up this weekend and says he will help, and that he does these change overs all the time. What you guys think? Badass or what!? After all I rather be Strokin then Cummin,:-D
It is going to take more then a weekend to do a conversion like that, or at least to do it right. What do you plan to do for computer? What about the trans? Drive shaft? Mounts? What type of truck do you have that you plan to put this in? 1500? 2500? What year? 2wd, 4wd?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:40 PM
BIGRED97
Captain

I cant believe you would even contemplate such a thought much less actually having the thing sitting in your garage. im sorry but this has to be one of the dumbest ideas i ahve heard. i dont wanna be rude or come down on you as a person cause he you do drive a dodge now. but soon you will be a poser a pos engine. the CTD is one of the greatest if not THE greatest mass produced engines for heavy duty pick-up trucks. im just appalled..

o and "rather be strokin than cummin" that should be "Strokin other men..."

Old 11-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing good can come of this attempt.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lets keep the bashing to a minimum on this one guys. We all know this is a Dodge site, and Cummins are going to be the preferred, but if this is what he wants to do, it's his truck. I don't see any realistic way of doing this for less then the cost of just buying a new Ford Powerstroke, but it would be interesting to see if someone actually pulled this off. I once saw a late 70's/early 80's Ford with a monsterous Cat diesel in it that came out of a farm tractor. I watched it pull a brand new ('04 at the time) Cummins diesel 3500 dually all over this guys farm when they hooked them up frame to frame. Anything is possible, and we might not all like it, but you have to be a little curious.

DodgeFreak525, you only have 5 posts on here, so excuse us if we find your idea hard to beleive and your post lacking credability. My first thought is that you are a Ford guy trolling on here to start a Powerstroke-vs-Cummins arguement. I hope that's not the case. You better give us some more info about you and your truck so we know where your coming from. If this is a bogus thread, then please leave unless you have something Ram related to contribute.

Thanks.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:53 PM
sharx ram
Champion

And as soon as your done give me a call, and I will let you hear my Cummins pur threw my 5" stacks...now thats the sound of true power and after that we can race

Quick Reply: Powerstroke Conversion