2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what size lift?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: what size lift?

Have you considered a shackle flip instead?

Old 11-09-2007, 06:45 PM
EricCartman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silver_Dodge - Not to hijack the thread... but do you have any information about the shackle flip? I did a quick search - and it only gave me 1 page of results... nothing that looked too informative. I clicked on a few links - and found a link that looked to be informative, but it was dead. [:'(]

Now back on topic... I would try and stayaway from blocks if at all possible. He higher they are, the better lever they become andaxle wrap will be a concern. AAL help because they add more rigidity to the spring pack, and makes them a little more resistant to wrap.

Cartman

Old 11-09-2007, 06:59 PM
radio flyer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im courious to know as well .....does that work the same way as shorter lift shakle?

is there a chance its maybe a taller kit, i just measured the rear blocks and i got 4.5".

Old 11-10-2007, 12:25 AM
nhlbill
Veteran

If you only need to go up an inch in the back, I would add a Zero Rate. It's a 1" thick block that bolts to the leaf pack with the center pin so it's safe to add to your exsisting set up. They run about $40 and would solve your problem.

On a 2500, you have very limited choices for shackle flips. AIM is the only company making them for the 3" wide springs on the 3/4 tons. I would stay away from a shackle flip on a 3/4 ton mearly because it makes the rear suspension softer and that is counter productive for towing and loads.

You have a Skyjacker 4.5" lift kit. It comes with a 3.5" add-a-leaf for the rear which is in your leaf pack from what I am seeing. Over time and with the loads a 3/4 ton is subjected to, the add-a-leaf has sagged. Add the Zero Rate and be done with it IMO.

The blocks you have now are the stock blocks.I would not replace them without also addressing new bump stops as the stock block incorperates part of you bump stop now and a aftermarket block will not have the bump stop portion.

The lift you have is highly regarded as a good kit BTW. If your looking for moremheight to add bigger tires, I would add a body lift. With the 4.5" suspension and a 3" body lift, you could run 38" tall tires on your 3/4 ton with ease.

Good luck, it looks like a nice truck too FWIW.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:08 AM
radio flyer
Rookie

that sounds like what im looking for. is that like the mini packs?.

Quick Reply: what size lift?