2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flywheel 94 Ram V8, 5.2L

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:19 PM
br3ktw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flywheel 94 Ram V8, 5.2L

New member here!!!
Anyone who can offer any advice on the removal of flywheel I would love whatever information you can provide!!! I would much, much rather save the $1200.00 the dealership wants for cost. Thank you so much.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Sixtysixdeuce
Captain
Default RE: Flywheel 94 Ram V8, 5.2L

What's wrong with the flywheel? About the only thing that can go bad is the ring gear for the starter. TOher than that, it's a big *** piece of steel with a few hols in it.

Anyway, you obviously have to remove the transmission and clutch assembly. Then it's just the bolts holding the flywheel to the crankshaft.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:05 PM
greenmachine
All Star

You can do this by sliding the transmission back. You dont even have to completely remove it.

Disconnectdriveshaft from rear axle
Remove starter
Remove inspection plate and tourqe converter bolts
Unbolt from engine and slide back (depending on set up may need to drop front of exhaust)
Remove flywheel

To install just reverse order

P.S. dont forget to disconnect linkage and lines

Old 11-13-2007, 11:13 AM
br3ktw

I replaced the starter about 2 months ago and we noticed there were a couple of teeth missing from the flywheel. About a week ago it wouldnt start, again,so we removed starter again and the section of flywheel that is inline with the starter is the section that is missing the teeth soI am assuming the starter isnt able to grab and catch on. The flywheel also appears to be badly worn on most of the teeth. So I have the ring gear purchased just gotta pull the flywheel off and have it faced and new ring gear put on. Thanks

Quick Reply: Flywheel 94 Ram V8, 5.2L