2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Highflow Cat

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:10 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highflow Cat

Ok, Highflow cats have been discussed, but which brand do you find the best. Magnaflow is mentioned a lot, but I talked to someone before (I forget who) about a dynatech. Aparently dynatech is supposed to flow 54% better than stock? You can pick up the dynatech and magnaflow both at jegs.com Does anyone on this forum have the dynatech first of all, and I would like hear the response on that cat from someone who has it. Just looking for something that will keep my emissions working (since I need it for my state), but really open up that exhaust.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:57 PM
SinCity R/T
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Highflow Cat

I've used Catco cats from Summit Racing on two of my previous R/T's - single 3" on one, dual 2.5"s on another - didn't have any problems at all as far as codes or performance were concerned.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

magnaflow , catco good highflow cats..just dont get one then gut it..cough , cough....

Old 11-13-2007, 02:34 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

magnaflow , catco good highflow cats..just dont get one then gut it..cough , cough....

Haha... i had to re-read what u said. I thought you said dont get one and... "gun" it.
lol. Now i know what/who your talking about. lmao.

--

I called dynatech and it turns out you can install their "powercat," but the guy did not want to say that they would pass emissions. I was really leaning towards that cat...., but I can't take the chance of it failing. If I were to go with a magnaflow, which one would I choose? 1 in 1 out? its for a 2001 dodge ram 1500. All of the websites suggested a 2 in 1 out. I thought about gutting the cat, but I can't because I need it for emissions.... Does the magnaflow even say it will pass emissions?

Quick Reply: Highflow Cat