2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Love the GTS headlight covers (PIX)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 11:30 PM
BIGRED97
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Love the GTS headlight covers (PIX)

hahahaha a beard! is there soemtihng wrong with the amish? haha

yeah i really dont know how tough those wheel swould be on the offroad, but then again what 20" s are made for offroad? and you dont avhe to worry about keeps the brake dust off to keep em shiny, they are already black! but they look good and thats all that counts in pictures!

Old 11-19-2007, 11:33 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing wrong with the amish.. i can grow a bread with the best of the women.... I forgot the hat , need the hat.. i gotta take a pic of this trick out buggy up the road. YES , TRICK OUT !!! ..

Old 11-19-2007, 11:44 PM
BIGRED97
Captain

hahaha tricked out amish buggy? i wanna see that!

if i could grow a beard i would, but i dont have much hair on my head much less my face.

oh yeah this is a truck forum.....

Old 11-20-2007, 12:08 AM
nhlbill
Veteran

To cmplete the "Amish" look your going to have to put one of those yellow triangular warning placards on the back and then drive around with your flashers on....lol

On topic though, I never cared for the blacked out headlight look, and you almost have to have your brights on just to see your headlights.....just never liked them, but you do and thats all that is important.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:30 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well, you guys caught me...I was trying to accomplish the AMISH look, didn't think you guys would catch on!! But just love the look, it just screams BAD ***. I mean when you guys think AMISH, don't ya just think BAD ***?!! haha minnt

Suprisingly the light shine right through good through these headlights. I have those xenon ultra bright headlights, so it goes right through. I just love 'em though, loooks like a trans am

Old 11-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Bouncer88
All Star

If you ran HID's it would be ****ing tit.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:37 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yes, completely agree with you again. Reading my mind or something hah? Def. want them in all four lights, but those will have to be down the road from now. I still have a ton of crap I want first (tires, rear bumper, headers, chip, cold air intake kit, line-x, new coil springs and front shocks)...might be a while hah

Old 11-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Bouncer88
All Star

I think first, you should get those rims, that would pretty much complete the exterior and then work on the other stuff.

That is just me though.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

I dont know why your not doing this stuff yourself. Its expensive as **** to pay for these aftermarket parts manufactured by some big name company. If you want to smoke the tail lights pull them and geta lens smoker kit (i forget who makes it but im looking for it). You take the housing and bake it at 350 for about 30 seconds, just enough to get the glue to melt and you pull the lens from the housing. After you get the lens off you put these grains of tint (looks/feels like sand) on the lens and throw it back in the oven for another 60 seconds. The grains adhear to the lens, then you sand it with 1000, then 1200, glue the lens back to the housing and your done for like $20-40 I think the price was. The HIDs are another one you can do yourself. Buying just an HID kit that includes ballasts bulbs and wireing arent where its at. Sure youll have an HID bulb, but you wont have much improved visibility. It will be brighter, yes, but you wont get the full effect without projector housings, so you can do that one of two ways. A. Buy a set, about $150. B. make your own. Now making your own can be cheeper than buying a set or more expensive depending on what you decide to do. Personally Id make up a set so that you can get HID high beams, because EVERY projector headlight housing I have seen for the ram has a halogin non projector high beam. That means when you turn on the highs you probabily wont notice a diffrence. I saw one in person and I couldnt tell the diffrence. Now for making your own. The way I would go is to get a projector from a bmw and reuse your factory housing (or go buy a clear lens, which I recomend). The factory housing is rather large, so you should have enough room. The advantage of the bmw housing is that the projector is half blocked for the low beam (hence the typical HID "line" that cuts light at the top of your view) and then when you hit highs it removes the blocker and you have a full view. This is also nicer to oncomming drivers than the straight up projector without a blocker. If you decide to go this route you can pm me and ill explain how to put the bmw projector into the ram housing.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:40 AM
JCliffordd
Professional

That is such a beautiful truck you have there, and if youre going for some flood lights I used to have a Grand Cherokee with 4 KC Daylights on top with a Carr Light Bar amazing i loved having it
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...lifforddk9.jpg
I plan on doing it to the Ram soon but trust me you get a lot of looks its nice.

Quick Reply: Love the GTS headlight covers (PIX)