2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Weird noise through dash?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 01:53 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird noise through dash?

This has been buggin me for awhile now. And I have no clue what the hell it is! Whenever I hit the gas on my truck this strange ticking noise comes through the dash, and its so annoying. The physical noise comes from the engine, but I don't know what it is. I also don't why it comes right through my dash. I brough it to the dealer, and they couldn't come up with anything, they thought I was like some crazy kid. Finally, I had a guy ride with me and the best he could think of was like a loose pulley or something. He said that there was a leak in the firewall and it was going through that. So he patched it, and it did nothing. Even if it did mute it, he was only putting a band-aid over it. I want to figure out what is causing the noise, and I want it to stop coming through my damn dash lol. I can't hear it when my windows are down, but when the windows are up, I can hear it even with the loud exhaust and loud tire noise. It's prob. not a big deal in the scheme of things, but I enjoy driving, and I enjoy driving my truck, so I don't like having it interrupting my cruise haha. Any ideas why it is going through my dash so easily??

Old 11-25-2007, 02:38 AM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Weird noise through dash?

Are you sure its from the engine? or somthing just rattling?

Get underthere and make sure EVERYTHING is tight...
It might sound stupid, but when its making its noise put ur ear on ur steering wheel and waht not... its easy to tell where somthing is coming from that way...
Without hearing it I wouldent have a clue...

Get a video of it maybe?

Quick Reply: Weird noise through dash?