2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP!!! ... Second Post

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
cooldaddee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! ... Second Post

I'm a newbie to the forum ... I am also attempting to add a set of stock fog lights I won on ebay to my 2000 Ram 1500 ... The set came with the stock dash switch with fog light "pull" feature, the plastic inserts for the valance, the fog lights, and the fog light wiring harness. I had to physically remove the valance and bumper to replace the plastic inserts and mount the fog lights. The switch installed seemingly seamlessly. I removed the two plugs in back of the original switch, and plugged them back into the new switch, about 5 minutes to swap out. I have run into a problem with the wiring harness, however. The harness came with an original pigtail where the seller pulled it from the original vehicle. This pigtail hasa Red w/Orange stripe wire and a solid Blue wire on it. I do not see an existing plug anywhere along the wiring harness, which runs between both headlights and under the radiator, with which to plug in the fog light harness. I have located very similar colored wires inside the truck's wiring harness, but they dont seem to work correctly (Red/Orange wire stays hot even when lights are shut off). Does anybody know which two wires I need to tap into in order for my lights to work properly (I'll figure out how to mod for high beam use later)? I am really stuck on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! ... Second Post