2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steel Wheel Size???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Dodge ram it
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steel Wheel Size???

I’ve been searching thisherebut I could use some clarification, I have a 95 Ram 1500 4X4 with oem 16in wheels. I would like to switch to a 15" steel or aluminum wheel in an 8" width. Staying with 3.75 to 4.5" back spacing.

Now, will a 15" rim listed as above work? It looks like no prob in the rear but that front looks like it’s gonna hit on either the caliper or the steering links? Can someone please help me on this before I go and buy them?

I know Ive seen other Rams on 15" wheels with no problems, but I just need to know what I have to buy to get it to work right, if that makes any sense....

THX IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Dodge ram it
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steel Wheel Size???

Found this... Last night, some good stuff on this sight too, it appears that the 15's will work but it sure looks like its gonna rub in the front but I'll be giving this a try....

http://dodgeram.org/tech/specs/wheel/specs.htm

Quick Reply: Steel Wheel Size???