2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hey guys guess what another speeding TICKET!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:29 AM
DodgeFan01
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey guys guess what another speeding TICKET!

Dont think its legal to flash a badge to make you slow down, or pull you over, while there off duty, maybe on undercover tho.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:40 AM
SilverRam_01
Captain

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

MAN, all I have to say is I'm glad I own a ram now. Top speeds in this truck are pretty much non-existant. When I used to own that stupid little neon, I'd catch myself going 100+ all the time, no wonder I used to get suspended so often. Now, with this ram, it's very powerful off the line, but other than that, really nothing more. And on the highway, 80mph is pretty much its sweet spot, anymore and it starts getting dangerous and too loud lol, I love how my top speeds are limited!
Man, I just had to do a bunch of stuff on the internet to avoid getting mine suspended. I got a pretty nice 94 in a 65 in my truck, about a week later, I got an 84 in 45, on top of the one I had from my little Focus: 87 in a 65. Not to mention the three seatbelt tickets. Hell man, I SHOULD lose my license.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:39 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

yall in this big damn hurry to go where? no damn where special.. same place ya been a million times.. and the destination aint goin no where... THIS is why people get killed.. carelessness and too damn much speed.. to me.. anything 10-15 over should lose the license.. i have had ONE speeding ticket.. and i deserved every dime i had to pay for it.. was goin 42 in a 25 ...school zone.. cop dropped it to 39 in a 25 just cause he didnt have to pull me over.. i just did it.. i wasnt paying attention to the speed limit.. and i was goin on like i was before the school zone.. when i seen him.. i seen the 'school' sign at the same time.. looked down.. said 'oh ****' and just pulled over.. took my ticket like a man.. cried like a bitch tho when i had to let go of the 300 bucks for it ... my ram sticks out.. not another one like it in my neck of the woods.. cops see me.. they know me.. no biggy.. but i dont speed.. much... i dont drive all stupid.. i just go where i gotta go.. and mind my own... been in NC for four years.. not a single ticket other than the seatbelt violation..

Old 12-03-2007, 08:55 AM
ONECRAZYJEEP
Professional

well i htink i might have a funny one for yah. i got a sticker that said idiot from those little 50 cent machine things. i thought it would be funny to put it on my license plate because in florida we have a orange in the middle of some of our tags. so i put it over the orange. well i got pulled over on the night of my dads birthday taking the g/f home. well my tagged expires like at midnihgt that day and it was like 1145 at night when he pulled me over. all and all i got out of the ticket for "tampering state property" lol.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:12 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: ryans590

ORIGINAL: Socha_62

Why are you people in such a hurry?
places to go...people to see...

honestly i think the speed limit is too slow on the highway today's vehicles are built much better in all aspects, handling, acceleration, top speed, safety (airbags, crash zones) ect... but i do understand to a point them keeping it where it is if they were to raise it from say 100 to 120 then instead of everyone doing 120 when it was 100 they would do 140 when it was 120...especially when i can drive 400km and count the number of cars i see on my hands
the faster you go, the more fuel you use. Thats why they are actually lowering the speed limits again (though they are retarded and dont realise that a decent ammount of vehicles bog at 55mph and actually use more fuel)

Old 12-03-2007, 09:15 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

ORIGINAL: Socha_62

Why are you people in such a hurry?
Wish I knew the answer to that myself. I was driving and my buddy was in the passenger seat. We go up to the local pizza shop to get some dinner right... well on our way out this tan 1500 chevy silveradopickup pull out of the firehouse. I knew who it was because he graduatedin my high school class. Back to the story... me n my buddy are in town just coasting down the hill to the stop light doing 35 (the speed limit). He gets behind my truck at the light, light turns green and he is on his horn just being a dick. I still have people in front of me not even through the light yet. I turn right at the light and he follows me down the road. Mind you were still in the 35 mph zone as were leaving town and he is just on my ****! flickin his lights, beepin, and just up on my bumper. Hmm.. what to do.. I knew he didnt want me to pull over, he was just being adick because there was nothing else better to do. So we get out of the 35 zone and it jumps to 55 for the speed limit. I ask my buddy next to me .." your not in no hurry are ya..." he said "nope"... so comming out of the 35 I speed up to like 45 and he is still on my ****. I was almost getting pissed off. Things start running though your mind... "break check eh?" nah can't do that... I love this truck too much. Plus his family own's the local tow company so... i'd be screwed either way. Not only would my truck be damaged, they would post pictures after they tow'd it for more humiliation, etc. he's still back there and im like ... screw it. drop her down to 30 in the 55... drove for a while so I figured i'd **** him off a bit. eh, why not. I just put my new 2.5" air filter in that afternoon and told myself, lets see what she can do with a new filter. I floor it, Imediately he tries to catch up but comes no where close in the end. It was almost a completely straight shot of road. I didnt have him by lengths at my turn, I had him by... tractor trailer lengths. Yes he did try to catch up which made the whole thing worth it, he just knew he couldn't catch me and let off. First time I seen her up @ 85 tho. Are chevy's really that slow? Yea it probably was a stupid move, but I felt satisfied in the end.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:20 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

10-15mph over to loose your license? C'mon, that's a tad bid excessive. I think its completely normal to drive 10mph over in most places while frequently letting it drop down to 5-8mph over. I mean your just going to **** most ppl off behind you if you sit there and do the speed limit dead on. You'll avoid being dangerously passed if you just keep the pace up and occassionally bring it back to the speed limit in certain areas. I mean I dont' SPEED anymore for fun, I just like to keep **** going so I can get to the places I need to be, if Im going to be sucking fuel, i atleast like to keep the truck moving and get me there at a little faster clip. 15mph, yes ticket. 10mph over, no way, that's excessive, it's very normal to cruise 10 over (in most places).

Old 12-03-2007, 09:58 AM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SilverRam_01

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00Yep,I agree.

MAN, all I have to say is I'm glad I own a ram now. Top speeds in this truck are pretty much non-existant. When I used to own that stupid little neon, I'd catch myself going 100+ all the time, no wonder I used to get suspended so often. Now, with this ram, it's very powerful off the line, but other than that, really nothing more. And on the highway, 80mph is pretty much its sweet spot, anymore and it starts getting dangerous and too loud lol, I love how my top speeds are limited!
Man, I just had to do a bunch of stuff on the internet to avoid getting mine suspended. I got a pretty nice 94 in a 65 in my truck, about a week later, I got an 84 in 45, on top of the one I had from my little Focus: 87 in a 65. Not to mention the three seatbelt tickets. Hell man, I SHOULD lose my license.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:47 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

the faster you go, the more fuel you use. Thats why they are actually lowering the speed limits again (though they are retarded and dont realise that a decent ammount of vehicles bog at 55mph and actually use more fuel)
i know im going to use more fuel....i also use more when i put my foot to the floor to pass somone, my time is worth more than the $4 id save in fuel thow

Old 12-03-2007, 10:09 PM
mikerados21
Veteran

ORIGINAL: dishdude2k

yall in this big damn hurry to go where? no damn where special.. same place ya been a million times.. and the destination aint goin no where... THIS is why people get killed.. carelessness and too damn much speed.. to me.. anything 10-15 over should lose the license.. i have had ONE speeding ticket.. and i deserved every dime i had to pay for it.. was goin 42 in a 25 ...school zone.. cop dropped it to 39 in a 25 just cause he didnt have to pull me over.. i just did it.. i wasnt paying attention to the speed limit.. and i was goin on like i was before the school zone.. when i seen him.. i seen the 'school' sign at the same time.. looked down.. said 'oh ****' and just pulled over.. took my ticket like a man.. cried like a bitch tho when i had to let go of the 300 bucks for it ... my ram sticks out.. not another one like it in my neck of the woods.. cops see me.. they know me.. no biggy.. but i dont speed.. much... i dont drive all stupid.. i just go where i gotta go.. and mind my own... been in NC for four years.. not a single ticket other than the seatbelt violation..
Sorry man but excessive is doing 145mph in a 45mph zone. Yeah i got caught and the only reason i didnt get a ticket is because the cop was a cool guy. He said he used to race that road when he was younger. He understood to a point. Dont get my wrong im not trying to flame a cop. But lets put you in a scenario that ive been in. I got a call from my dad saying my mom is about to pass away cause her cancer (2 yrs into it) was about to make her die. So what do i do. Stomp it all the way home of course. i got caught doing 60 in a 30 and i didnt stop till i got home. I told him what was happening and all he said was well im just gonna write u up for 15 over. Gee thanks cop. By the way she passed away 3 mins. after i showed up. (Jaqueline Radosevich in McAlester, Oklahoma) some cops are cool some are not but im pretty sure alot of us speed alot... So im not the only one out there...

Quick Reply: Hey guys guess what another speeding TICKET!