2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trackbar FINALLY arrived..

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 06:55 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trackbar FINALLY arrived..

LMAO, **** ya got me! It's so hard not to, there just so much more badass and exciting, and a lot cheaper too! Can't beat that!

Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

you can do the toe alignment yourself... it's easy. I have some pics I can post when I did mine.

take landscaping string and run it from behind the back tires to beyond the front tires and position the string so the rear tire touches the string in 2 places... tie off your steering wheel straight and adjust your center link until the tires look straight. you'll have to go to & from the cab to ensure the steering wheel is still straight. once it's straight, use the toe adjustments on both sides to line it up with the string and rear tires. It's not a difficult task, you will have to jack up the truck to take some pressure off the front end when making the adjustments, then drop it down for the string test.

I did this on my '05 ram and it drives incredibly straight. after the alignment the wear on the innner fronts is gone and they have evened out nicely. On the pro comp xtreme at's i currently have over 60k miles on them and they have alot of tread left... 15~20k if I take care of them well...

Old 12-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I woudlent really let the shavings scare you too bad...

My old car always had a good bit of shavings around 100k or so, and that tranny lasted 202k and I beat on it on the end of its life.

I think you would be suprised to how much metal would be on the magnet in your diff... gearsets make alot of metal overtime... auto trannys have alot of gears in them, and atf isnt the best gear lube. As long as the metal is a really fine dust, and isnt like small chunks its fine.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:06 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran

Yeah, within a couple of weeks of having my truck I went ahead and got the whole thing checked out by my mechanic and I got him to flush the tranny for me, but it didn't cost anywhere near $230 for the flush, filter, band adjustment,and refill; more like $80 I think. So that sounds kinda steep to me. But as long as it's running strong and not slipping or anything I wouldn't worry too much. Just enjoy all of the other cool things you are planning on doing to your truck soon and hopefully the tranny will last for many miles to come

Old 12-08-2007, 12:59 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well that's relieving. I don't know why, but he never really let me enjoy the tranny service. I gave him all that doe for it, and all he said was,"yeah it ain't goin to be gettin better, and be forwarned that it isn't in the best of shape blah blah"...I was like just like ok? Thanks man, just spent way too much for your tranny service, the least you could do was tell me it was a smart move lol. Anyways, you guys are right, I think it's quite fine, and it's even better now with the service done, which is obviusly good. I am excited to keep moving on too, but I'm always getting held back by stupid stuff. LIKE the headlights, ahhh. I desperate need some sport model headlights so I can go back to the stock system. When I found out I bought the wrong headlights I should have just sent them back, but it was too late, I'd already like half assed them into the truck and they were all screwed up, sucks!! Anyways, if any of you guys know someone who has some sport ram headlights they don't need, let me know!! I dont really want to have to buy new ones again, but I need something asap, because right now my I have no headlights and I can't drive at night...NOT GOOD!

Old 12-08-2007, 01:35 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Get down to the local Pick N' Pulls and find a set. That way you can experiment on a junker truck on how to remove/install them before you beat your rig up.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:08 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Well fellas, just got my truck back from the allignment (never had time to try it myself sadly), and it's pretty nice. I can now fully lock right and fully lock left, so with the new offroad trackbar, there is no longer any rubbing. BUT, there is still something not right. It still has a very slight pull to the left, and they said they tried their best to make it right...I bought this trackbar so I could fully turn left and right, and so I could get an allignment...and she still has a pull, little annoying. Any ideas as to what else could be causing this??

Old 12-10-2007, 03:22 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain

Tire pull? try swapping the front tires sdes, and see if that makes a difference.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:36 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Hmm..that could be it, the guy on the phone said it was because of the fact the tires are just so big, so I'll exercise that, thanks!

Old 12-10-2007, 07:49 PM
kowboydmac
All Star

Maybe your leanin to the left cuz the truck is trying to make a pit stop?

Bad joke, I know, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Quick Reply: Trackbar FINALLY arrived..