2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Behind the Dash...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Hiram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Behind the Dash...

Hello All Dodge Lovers!

I have a '95 Ram which I would trade for the world, but today I ran into a little snag.
My orignal Mopar key fell out of the little ashtry/drawer and behind the dash. I tried to remove the dash componet that runs from the right side of the steering wheel to the glovebox but even after I removed the screws, it was impossible. Any suggestions for how I can get my key back? Or am I just going to have to suck it up and get on with my life?

Hiram

Old 12-06-2007, 04:01 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Behind the Dash...

H,
Welcome! Don't know how much help it would be but, removing the radio may help get you back there. Don't know if that will be far enough over for you though. I have a '01 and the dash setup is a little different from '95. The other alternative is drop the steering wheel, loosen the end bolts to the panel on each side by the cowl, take out the screws at the windshield, and rotate the panel down. That may buy you enough room to reach in there and fish around. Its alot of work though for a key.
Good luck.
WC

Old 12-06-2007, 08:34 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Behind the Dash...

hmm 95 still has the ashtray up top in the dash...if you remove the panel below the steering wheel you may be able to reach around behind under where the key would have fell, or you can pop the glove box out and reach in from that side, why was your key in the ashtray and not the ignition thow lol

Quick Reply: Behind the Dash...