2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

V 10's

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:18 PM
v10power
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V 10's

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but.....
Does anyone know if the Viper 10 Intake will bolt to the V10 truck engine? I'm not worried about modding my hood, no biggie to me. My fuel rails are shot and i've gone threw 3 of them and they always screw up my injectors and i was told a viper fuel rail would solve that problem but they wasn't sure if it would bolt to the engine. Any help would be great or the fellow v10 owners might know where to get differnt fuel rails or another way to prevent this.

Thanks

Old 12-07-2007, 03:50 AM
v10power
Professional
Default RE: V 10's

Nobody has thoughts or anything about this?

Old 12-07-2007, 04:36 PM
ram pu 2

hi you could try matching the intake gaskets to see if there the same as your engine is 8ltrs and viper engine of later is 8.3ltr iv also tryed looking into fitting viper inlet onto my v10 but due to me being in the uk (always raining ) parts not that easy to obtain. tony

1997 v10 3500 4x4
1997 34ft fleetwood terry

Old 12-08-2007, 10:14 AM
v10power
Professional

Yeah i was thinking about that. There is a place around here that has a 8 liter viper intake with the injectors and rails. I was thinking about calling the local stealership to see what the shibby is. I have been looking into a few other things. I know since my truck is obd1 i can't get a programmer but is there performance v10 pcms around? I'm getting bored with the truck the way it is now since i have street rods anything stock bores me. Any V10 owners out there modded theres? any suggestions?

Old 12-08-2007, 10:27 AM
wotansmopar
Rookie

lol, I'm the same way man, nothing seems to be enough for power considering the size of the engine when compared to others..just want MORE POWER. But I have heard that the pcm's for the v10s dont do enough for the money. http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...owerMods02.htm

My trucks going to be upgraded now and then to maintain this performance war between my friends 99' gmc sierra and mine, within a month or two I'll be getting the K&N intake for $263, and later investing in some headers [sm=badbadbad.gif]. One thing my friend told me about increasing hp in engines is to replace the engine block fan and shroud with a electric unit to free up the engine but I'm not sure of this considering the V10's have an excellent cooling system but has anyone heard about this? or is it that GMCs dont have enough torque for the engine block fan hehehe

Old 12-08-2007, 11:31 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

ORIGINAL: wotansmopar

lol, I'm the same way man, nothing seems to be enough for power considering the size of the engine when compared to others..just want MORE POWER. But I have heard that the pcm's for the v10s dont do enough for the money. http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...owerMods02.htm

My trucks going to be upgraded now and then to maintain this performance war between my friends 99' gmc sierra and mine, within a month or two I'll be getting the K&N intake for $263, and later investing in some headers [sm=badbadbad.gif]. One thing my friend told me about increasing hp in engines is to replace the engine block fan and shroud with a electric unit to free up the engine but I'm not sure of this considering the V10's have an excellent cooling system but has anyone heard about this? or is it that GMCs dont have enough torque for the engine block fan hehehe
No he's right. Therotically you'll get a gain of about 15 hp when you take the fan off but, it takes like 14 hp for the altenator to make enough electricity to run the fans. One plus about the fans is you can run them on a relay so that they only turn on when you need them. The numbers are just round about numbers by the way