2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Round air filter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Moparkid032
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Round air filter?

ok i figure if i have a round air filter it will add some some horsepower..seein that i have a cowl induction hood..now is this true? and where can i find one at online?? thanks

Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker
Default RE: Round air filter?

how isthe air filter going to be set up, because reguardless of hood if you pulling in warm air from the engine compartment its not going to be that big of a gain , even though itwill be less restrictive. For good gains, you should put in a system that runs in your fender well, connected directly to the outside using a hood scope system, or some time of tubing system that pulls air from outside of the compartment. Colder is better.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:10 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Maybe we should re-route our in cab vents to underneath the hood... hmm.. then crank up the AC and force that down the throttle body?lmao jk... I still think my round setup works better than my friends fipks II. His sits in an enclosed corner like you all know. But there is no like direct outside cold air allowed to come in. the radiator and the black flap (which he wont remove) pretty much seals up the whole thing.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
mcss8541
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the round setup and it works real good especially now that we are experiencing "cold" weather down here in South Texas. LOL! I bought the Dodge design from Summit and the tall K&N filter from Auto Zone. It works great for me and as for the hot air being sucked in I have a 6" lift with a 3" body left and a Flex-a-Lite dual electric fan set up prt#295 so there's not fan shroud there anymore. I get all the ambient air I need without it being engine heat.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:05 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

Im gonna go with a cowl hood after the new year , and yes cowl hoods will help getting that cool air from the wind shield..

Old 12-10-2007, 04:04 PM
mcss8541
All Star

Of course it will however if it's aligned properly with the round style air cleaner there's a larger benefit. Let me know how it works.

Quick Reply: Round air filter?