2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

All set!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 AM
mikerados21
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All set!!!

Today i just got the few pieces of the first stage of completing my truck. I now have:
Fresh 318 Motor (only 66k) complete!!!
M1 Intake Manifold
Underdrive Pulleys
Dual Electric Fans
1.7 Harland Sharp RR's
my two new super 44 flowmasters
and my SCT Flash will be here for my christmas present.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All on top of the Round K&N
50 mm Fastman
Headers
no cats
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think im going to tackle this and do it myself. With the motor out im sure it will be CAKE!
Anyways Can anyone kinda give me a idea of what kinda gains im going to see. Maybe a 1/4 mile estimate and a horsepower estimate? Just something to give me a idea... Thnx!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:07 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: All set!!!

not near as much as you'd think. the rr are good for about 20hp (maybe less on the 5.2),the electric fans basically negate running the A/C or heater, so maybe 10hp,the pulleys ???(not sure on these)maybe 15hp, the flowmasters - nothing, measurable (except maybe the smile on your face,) and the M1, that won't do you diddly, might hurt a bit actually. No gains on that until you get to the extreme top end(above 6K) and you might not see that by the end of your quarter mile. I'd keep that in the box and stick with the modded kegger for now. It's a good start for something more down the line like a Cam and ported head upgrade, but until you REALLY get that engine breathing with ported heads, valves,springs, and pushrods that can handle thse RPMs the M1 might slow you down.

Silver_Dodge might be interested in you Modded Kegger. He was looking for a Non-EGR Manifold. If he isn't, I might if the price is right Snap some picks of the porting and et's talk business.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:38 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

wat style is this truck.. rcsb.. qcsb... blah blah blah... it will have some get up and go.. no dragster though... either way sounds like a nice project!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:49 AM
greenmachine
All Star

Aim is correct on the M1. Until you upgrade your top end you will lose low end power. Modded kegger is the way to go. The underdrive pulleys, if you have a complete set, will give you some where around twenty hp gain. Good start for the ultimate goal.

By the way your truck looks a little out of place with all them Chevy's[8D]

Old 12-11-2007, 11:48 AM
mikerados21
Veteran

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

wat style is this truck.. rcsb.. qcsb... blah blah blah... it will have some get up and go.. no dragster though... either way sounds like a nice project!
Its a regular cab. Also i might throw in some 3:90 gears and a locker to boost some low end....

Old 12-11-2007, 05:23 PM
mikerados21
Veteran

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels

not near as much as you'd think. the rr are good for about 20hp (maybe less on the 5.2),the electric fans basically negate running the A/C or heater, so maybe 10hp,the pulleys ???(not sure on these)maybe 15hp, the flowmasters - nothing, measurable (except maybe the smile on your face,) and the M1, that won't do you diddly, might hurt a bit actually. No gains on that until you get to the extreme top end(above 6K) and you might not see that by the end of your quarter mile. I'd keep that in the box and stick with the modded kegger for now. It's a good start for something more down the line like a Cam and ported head upgrade, but until you REALLY get that engine breathing with ported heads, valves,springs, and pushrods that can handle thse RPMs the M1 might slow you down.

Silver_Dodge might be interested in you Modded Kegger. He was looking for a Non-EGR Manifold. If he isn't, I might if the price is right Snap some picks of the porting and et's talk business.
Hm well there goes -$599.00 for the m1 what should i spend it on for the next mod besides gears and locker? Im really stumped...

Old 12-11-2007, 05:58 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

Man, that sounds like a fun project. I'm sure you'll enjoy doing all of that and should make you happy after you're done. I know I enjoyed putting my 2 super 44's on and I'm sure yours will sound great too. Should be awesome when you get done.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:00 PM
mikerados21
Veteran

ORIGINAL: blkbaretta

Man, that sounds like a fun project. I'm sure you'll enjoy doing all of that and should make you happy after you're done. I know I enjoyed putting my 2 super 44's on and I'm sure yours will sound great too. Should be awesome when you get done.
I sure hope so. What do u think i should do next???

Old 12-11-2007, 07:33 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

for $600, hmm...

I'd say bank it and roll up about $1000~1200 and look at either regearing (I'd personally go with 4.10's for stock tires; bigger ratio for bigger tires,) or take that money and look at bigger heads,w/ upgrades like race valves, springs, hardened pushrods, etc. or possibly a cam.

If you gotta spend itnow, you can do some creature comforts likeiggee seat covers, a wheelskin cover, suede theheadliners, door panels, and sun visors. You know, pimp out the inside so you really enjoy driving it.

Let me know how you like that SCT tuner. This may be in my near future if I can swing it.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

If you're looking for something aesthetically pleasing, some wide wheels would really look good on your truck I think. I can't remember if you already have some aftermarket wheels, but if not that would be nice. Otherwise regearing would probably be a great choice. I know my 3:55's suck, but that's probably because of my 315/70's. I'm sure something will strike you and you'll have no trouble spending your money.