2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stuck In The Snow!! 4wd Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 01:22 AM
XanaxV10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck In The Snow!! 4wd Problem!

Have a Ram 3/4 ton V10 with manual tranny. 45,000 miles and has run perfectly till now. Was driving home last night in a blizzard. I started off fine in 2wd and truck ran great. Shifted into 4wd and after about a 1/2 mile down the road, the truck began misfiring and the engine eventually died. The speedometer was bouncing all over the place???... I restarted the engine which seemed ok at a stand still and tried again this time shifting back into 2wd. The truck ran fine. At home I drove around the block in 4wd and it started misfiring again. What gives? Some sensor down in that manual transmission or transfer case?... I'm pretty novice about this computer and sensor stuff. Or is it something else? Thanx for any help or suggestions. Great forum by the way.

Lane

Old 11-28-2004, 07:34 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: Stuck In The Snow!! 4wd Problem!

you might have a vacuum leak on the hoses going to the CAD that engages the axles. I haven't had this problem but I've heard of the vacuum leak causing problems. Do a search on it here or on Pavementsucks.com, they should have the info to help you with it.

Quick Reply: Stuck In The Snow!! 4wd Problem!