2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WHAT THE HARDEST WORK YOU HAVE DONE??

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WHAT THE HARDEST WORK YOU HAVE DONE??

Hardest thing i gotta do is , is step away from this forum.. i think i mite go with a 4.88 gears rear full posi.. once and done i say..

Old 12-20-2007, 12:03 PM
tothewall
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is not a crazy price at all for gears and the install. Same prices up here.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:05 PM
WTL
Professional

Actually, connecting the EGR tube back to the exhaust and intake manifolds is probably the hardest thing I've done.

A lot of the time I find the harder things arent complicated...they are just really friggin annoying little things.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:27 PM
greenmachine
All Star

Had a friend come to me with a Jeep that he purchased in pieces and none ofthe partswere from the same style. Had a CJ7 frame and axles,a 304, transmission, and transfer case. Also all from different donars. The skid plate was wrong style. The frame was set up for a six cyl. He even handed me a YJ body. Keep in mind that the YJ gas filler is on the opposite side and he wanted to maintain the CJ fuel tank.

The 304 was a "fresh" build as told by the guy who sold it to him for $500. I tore it apart because I had my suspitions. I found three bent pushrods, a piston installed backwards, and a bad timing cover. The water pump ate the front side of it.

The donar body was in perfect shape but had to drill holes to make things line up properly. I also did a spring over and a rewire of the whole vehicle.

It was a bit of a challenge. I also had a lot of fun. The worst part was my friend hounding me to get it done and the cheap *** didnt want to spend any money.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
kowboydmac
All Star

greenmachine, come be my friend. lol.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:45 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

full engine rebuild on my friends 68 chevelle 327....but on my truck, I guess timewise...the timing chain because I did it wrong the first time and had to go back in, but thats baby stuff.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My hardest was a full 2wd to 4wd conversion. It took me and a culple of frends a weekend. It was A hell of a lot. I also have droped in a 5.9 that I rebuilt my self.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:58 PM
99v10bri

rebuilding my v 10, let ya know how it turns out

Old 12-20-2007, 03:46 PM
motorider228
Champion

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

Ya, and now i'm looking at doing gears again. Makes me sick.
I forgot you are 4x4 so actually with parts AND labor that is right about where you should be. It sucks that differentials are so damn hard to work on in your garage, because they sure do cost a decent amount.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Chopper1
All Star

1. Putting on a set of Summit brand headers and they leaked. Trying a couple of more gasket changes to correct and still leaking.
2. Pulling them off and putting the second set on and they leaked on the other side. Trying a couple more gaskets and find hole in the frickin tube weld.
3. Ride around for a few months cursing and catching **** from your buddies for yourbad asstruck ticking
4. Spending another $60. to resurface the stock manifolds, Spend a couple of days getting the stud out that I had to cut to fit the header on.
5. Cost of headers, several gasket sets, surfacing the manifolds, many hours of hanging over the fenders and battery. Cursing and busted knuckles, BEER.Wife wouldn't get near me, worried I might throw something. OK maybe that was a good part.

All said and done and I still am running stock manifolds..............[:@]I

Quick Reply: WHAT THE HARDEST WORK YOU HAVE DONE??