2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

replaced heater core........

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 03:45 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default replaced heater core........

now i only get defrost air flow from half of the dash.. the passenger side air flow is really really weak.. wondering if anyone has had the same issue and what it may be.. thanks!

Old 12-20-2007, 03:53 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: replaced heater core........

ORIGINAL: shott8283

now i only get defrost air flow from half of the dash.. the passenger side air flow is really really weak.. wondering if anyone has had the same issue and what it may be.. thanks!
sounds like a problem with the vent actuator rather than the heater core.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And did you get the damper cable reattached to the door?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:32 PM
johnjokela
Veteran

ialso will be replacing my" @#%@$#%@$"heater core tommorow and this weekend, hope i dont have the same problem, the brass one is better than the aluminum right? sorry couldnt help on the q's, got the brass for 90$ , everyone else had the alumminum , the friggen stealership wanted $254 and change for a heater core hahahahahahahahahahahahah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
printing out the diy link , anything else i should be aware of ? before i drop a valve and flip out on this project, I KNOW I KNOW IM a thread jacker sorry, hey shot how long did the job take, ive been putting this off for ever......

Old 12-21-2007, 03:35 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

ORIGINAL: shott8283

sounds like a problem with the vent actuator rather than the heater core.
durr I didnt read properly. Yea it sounds like a cable problem, or possibly you stuffed a rag back there and forgot to take it out.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:12 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

some connection is crossed or some door is jammed.. the drivers side everything works accordingly and really well.. but the passenger side.. when its on defrost all i get is floor air,, and when i put it to "face" it will change and everythign blows correctly.. and obviously on floor it works fine..

Old 12-22-2007, 12:41 PM
johnjokela
Veteran

just a thought when i did mine, the two nuts that hold the heater box to the firewall inside one with ground cable the other on the passenger side, facing up,when i put mine back togeather there was a gap in the heater boxon the passenger side seal and the fire wall,next to that bolt because i didnt have it lined up properly,DID YOU CHECK FOR GAPS ON THE SEALING OF THE HEATER BOXTO THEDASH?just a thought .All i know is after doing this heater core my dash has bigger cracks in it, probally get a dash mat to cover them up

Quick Reply: replaced heater core........