2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

flex pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flex pipe

I recieved some more parts today for my exhaust system and one of the parts I was eager to check out was the flex pipe. I pulled it out of the box to check it out, this thing has NO flex in it. I must be missing something here, I didn't expect it to 'flop around' but I was expecting it to movesome. Do these things need to break in? As I see it now it might as well be returned because its just an expensive piece ofstraight pipe. I thought it was a good idea to pick one up so I could add some flexability between the headers/collector and the rest of the system. This is what I've got http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku what do ya think?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:58 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star
Default RE: flex pipe

You might not be able to flex it much with just your hands but, when the exaust is installed on it will probably flex plenty. You'll have to big levers pushing on it. Although I'm not installing one on my system.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:39 AM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Thanks, thats good to know. Have you used them in the past?

Old 12-21-2007, 11:41 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

No I haven't used one before.

Quick Reply: flex pipe