2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Carquest Water pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Gone Campin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carquest Water pump

stock thermostat is rated at 195 deg, blue ATV is fine.

Black is better and I used it in a Toyota V6 down in a heater tube connection thats hell to get to and I didn't ever want to go there again (also the black has better oil resistance properties).

but blue will do fine with what ur doin

Old 12-22-2007, 08:24 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading what I wrote about the water pump bypass hose, I suppose I should have said 'It would be prudent' to do this. It would be awful to have to get back in to this just for a short piece of hose if it were to go bad. Don't forget the clamps. After I get the bolts in I let it sit overnight, just to let the sealant cure.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:46 PM
kowboydmac
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've looked at the writeups, but for a noob like me, I want to make sure I have everything and the parts list is kind of short, or maybe I just didn't catch them. Like the sealant, I'll go with the black if it's a similiar price, and I think when I did the weatherstripping the black stuff was similiar priced. It's a shame that my pump supposedly has this leak, because I've only notice a leak once and the truck is running very nicely. I just think it needs the band's tightened cuz it shifts out of 2nd sporatically, sometimes at 2100 rpms, sometimes 3100. but it's not clunky. I have noticed more oily gunk from the heater core. Hey can someone break it down as to what the heater core and water pump do for the blocks? I have a basic idea but maybe one of the tech's here like Silver_Dodge of HankL could break it down nicely.

Quick Reply: Carquest Water pump