2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Steelheader
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Problems

About a week ago I noticed my pass side low beam was out. After replacing it in the parking lot of the auto parts store, the driver side seemed really weak in comparrison, so I got an new bulb for the driver side too. Due to the drivers side arangement I was unable to get the new bulb in (or the old one after I took it out), so I drove it home with the drivers side disconnected. This caused the hi beam indicator on the dash to stay on even when using low beams. After an hour of swearing and frustration I finally gotthe dr side installed. The problem is now both lights are really weak with the low beams and the hi-beam dash light stays on all the time. The hi beams also don't seem as bright as they should be. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Aside from the bulb assembley being impossible to fit in the hole, all i really did was unplug the old bulbs and plug in the new one's. I don't see how anything should have changed.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:29 PM
mcsd913
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlight Problems

i had the same problem except when i hooked up my cd player i left the illumination wire bare and it grounded out and blew all my fuses. Check up under your hood for the fuses. Could possibly be blown

Quick Reply: Headlight Problems