2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another Heater Questions (I'm not a newb I swear)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:06 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Heater Questions (I'm not a newb I swear)

So I replaced my timing chain and plenum this weekend and know I have no heat from the heater. I know it's not plugged because I can hear the water sloshing into the heater core. I know there is air in there. I swear I'm not a newb I've worked on radiators before. I filled the radiator up and then let the truck run. As the truck was warming up I pumped the upper radiator hose and kept putting fluid in. Then when the t-stat opened It sucked in a ton of water and I filled it up again. After waiting a while I put the cap on and filled up the reserve tank. So how in the hell am I supposed to get the air out of the heater core?

Old 12-26-2007, 01:13 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Another Heater Questions (I'm not a newb I swear)

turn ac/heater control to heater. fill radiator and overflow tank. then just drive it some and let it build pressure. it should purge the air in a couple of days and replace the air with coolant from the overflow. top off overflow as needed.

btw, if you haven't backflushed the heater core both ways you should do that. it does wonders for heat.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: ICEMAN_CH

So I replaced my timing chain and plenum this weekend and know I have no heat from the heater. I know it's not plugged because I can hear the water sloshing into the heater core. I know there is air in there. I swear I'm not a newb I've worked on radiators before. I filled the radiator up and then let the truck run. As the truck was warming up I pumped the upper radiator hose and kept putting fluid in. Then when the t-stat opened It sucked in a ton of water and I filled it up again. After waiting a while I put the cap on and filled up the reserve tank. So how in the hell am I supposed to get the air out of the heater core?
Noobie

Old 12-26-2007, 02:24 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: VWandDodge

ORIGINAL: ICEMAN_CH

Noobie
What??? What was that I didn't really hear you. I could have swore you said "I want to touch your naughty parts". Naw, you wouldn't say something like that

Old 12-26-2007, 06:42 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Park on a steep hill with the front end up or jack the front up as high as you can and then fill it.

Quick Reply: Another Heater Questions (I'm not a newb I swear)