2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

**Update** Headers are HERE-)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 11:04 PM
CoastieJack
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ALRIGHT...FINALLY HEADERS ON WAY

So did mine. I put them on in something like 6 hours in 40* weather.. it wasn't terrible. They were off in less than an hour, just getting a few of the new bolts on was the biggest pain. Then, of course, the y-pipe, but that's not something you'll have to worry about. A nice set of 1/2" metric, a 7/16" wrench and your time will get it all taken care of. Seriously, do it yourself.. it's so satisfying. I've never done headers before but I enjoyed it. All you've got to use that I didn't was a sawzall.. and that's pretty durn easy to use.

Name:  IMG_1414.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  66.3 KB

Old 01-04-2008, 11:18 PM
RamGuy318
Professional

20dodge.. can i have your truck? lol j/k, sounds like its going to be awesome man. Definitely need some clips of it afterwards.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:19 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my shorties on in 4 hrs and that is including doing 3 state insp...

Old 01-04-2008, 11:49 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

Yeah that sucks that the guy that did all of your other exhaust work is still quoting you and unfriendly price. It would be nice if he would've just cut you a good deal. Oh well, glad you found a place to do it for a decent amount of money. Continue with your Excitement; I would say it is a just cause. I just hate having to wait for something when I know what day it is going to get done and the antisipation just continues to build.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:52 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

DUDE! Do the damn things yourself. Its 12 bolts to take it off, 12 bolts to put it on! take a sawzall to where the Y pipe is gonna meet up, slip fit the Y over the headers and go to a local parts store and get some exhaust clamps...clamp it up, take it to joe's welding shop and have them weld it together, prolly $40-80 that route. Headers require almost NO tools. Hell I bet if your hands were strong enough you could get the bolts out without tools (not serious). BE A MAN AND DO IT! No respect if you dont.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:02 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

LMAO, well said. I just don't got anywhere to do it though. The best place I have is out in the street in the freeeeezing cold lol. And I aint waiting for summer to get these suckers in! Hmmm....If i can find a garage for the day, I will try it!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:17 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

LMAO, well said. I just don't got anywhere to do it though. The best place I have is out in the street in the freeeeezing cold lol. And I aint waiting for summer to get these suckers in! Hmmm....If i can find a garage for the day, I will try it!

where do you think im doing my cam swap? i can only store parts in my garage. I just get on some big old coats and get wrenchin.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:38 AM
SilverRam_01
Captain

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

where do you think im doing my cam swap? i can only store parts in my garage. I just get on some big old coats and get wrenchin.
I'm puttin headers on my vuddies lifted '84 chevy tomorrow. We're in the process of getting crazy amounts of rain here, we're supposed to get around 6 inches tomorrow, from 3 am to like 3 pm, and I have to do them in my driveway. It's also flash flooding with 50-60 mph winds. We both want to get them on so bad we're gonna run it open headers for two weeks until he can afford to have it all welded up and buy a y-pipe:P And his truck cae from the bay area, so we're gonna have to soak it all down with PB blaster first. I know your truck's not rusting apart

Old 01-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Chopper1
All Star

CoastieJack, is that rear flange bolt hole going through the gasket sealing area? It looks as though there is only about 1/16" of sealing area between the bolt and hole there. Just curious about the gasket match up on those.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:38 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: SilverRam_01

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

I'm puttin headers on my vuddies lifted '84 chevy tomorrow. We're in the process of getting crazy amounts of rain here, we're supposed to get around 6 inches tomorrow, from 3 am to like 3 pm, and I have to do them in my driveway. It's also flash flooding with 50-60 mph winds. We both want to get them on so bad we're gonna run it open headers for two weeks until he can afford to have it all welded up and buy a y-pipe:P And his truck cae from the bay area, so we're gonna have to soak it all down with PB blaster first. I know your truck's not rusting apart
sounds like how I did mine. I drove arround for 2 weeks blub blubbing all over the place. I wore ear plugs because of the drone.

Quick Reply: **Update** Headers are HERE-)