2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Coil Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:00 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Coil Spacer

ORIGINAL: chet

ya i know most of them sit lower in the front but with my sport/offroad packages i think mine are close to being level if not their within an inch i'd say you cant tell by looking at it that the front is any lower and im not sure how to measure. The body lifts are like $200-300 for these and a suspension lift is in the low $400 so if i was going to do a lift like that i'd save up and get a 3' susp.
If you have an offroad ram then a 3" lift kit won't get you anywhere. You need a 5" lift kit just to lift your truck 2".

Old 01-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Chopper1
All Star

If you have an offroad ram then a 3" lift kit won't get you anywhere. You need a 5" lift kit just to lift your truck 2".
Yes and no. If there is a spacer in the front, it will rise the amount of the spacer. If it is an off road you will have 2" from the factory plus spacer. The shocks you get will need to be for a lift with two more inches than the spacer.
As far as the rear there is a good chance it will end up short if you get new springs. again the factory 2" rule.Blocks will raise the correct amount.Add-a-leaf will be questionable and might need a small spacer/block to even. Same rule for the shocks....

Old 01-08-2008, 02:40 PM
junior
Rookie

i have a 2" spacer installed in the front anda 2" block installed in the rear on my 97 1500. havent had a single problem yet and can definatly tell. some people say you need an alignment with coil spacers but i didn't need one at all.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: junior

....some people say you need an alignment with coil spacers but i didn't need one at all.
My truck didn't need realigining after I did the 2" lift or the 3" lift. But, I would get an alignment anyway. You may not need it, but if you do, better to know about it then ruin a good set of tires with a bad alignment. I go to Brakes Plus were the alignment check is $35. That's cheap compared to new tires. I get mine checked twice a year.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:03 PM
junior
Rookie

thats true but my tires suck right now so and im saving up for new ones. dont they give you a free alignment when you get new tires installed?

Quick Reply: Coil Spacer