2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can't get fuel line off fuel rail (Fitch catalyst install)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:19 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can't get fuel line off fuel rail (Fitch catalyst install)

The fuel line is not budging off the fuel rail. I have the plastic remover tool but that isn't working. I also sprayed some P Blaster and that isn't working either. I don't want to use brute strength or vise grips, because this is fuel we are talking about. But if someone has any tips, please let me know.

I am installing a Fitch Fuel catalyst. Seems the hard part is getting the fuel line off the fuel rail.

Thanks

Old 01-17-2008, 07:41 PM
v10power
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can't get fuel line off fuel rail (Fitch catalyst install)

Are you sure you are using the right clip? I know thats a dumb question. I was using what I thought was the right one and the next size up was too big but i was wrong. After 20 mins and swearing at it i finally tried the next size up and pushed it all the way in and heard a click and it seperated with no muscle needed at all. You shouldn't need any PB blaster and all that.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:46 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Try a slight lift upward of the fuel line when you pull away, the flare on the inside of the rail has to line up with the opening in the fuel line. Just wiggle staight up and down and back and forth while you try to pull backwards to release the line. Don't bother looking for a click or some sort of feel to let you know if the disconnect tool has engaged, you won't get any; at least I never did. Push the disconnect tool in as far as you can then don't worry about it anymore just concentrate on the fuel rail and line opening lining up. Remember that thing's not supposed to come off while you are driving.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:46 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

so I shouldn't ba able to rotate it when i push it in. It locks in?

I am sure i will figure it out tonight. I will try the up down back forth.

THanks

Old 01-18-2008, 12:21 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion

Got it off, up and down worked as i was pushing the tool in. Thanks. Now i have to wait till tomorrow and use my wife's car because i don't have any Telfon Tape DAMN

Old 01-18-2008, 10:34 AM
armynurse
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You HAVE to let us know if you notice any change in gas mileage with the Fitch! I'm curious (as I'm sure many others are too) if it is just hype, or if they really work. Post separately on this site your numbers after you've run a few tanks through it. Thanks for taking one for the team!

Quick Reply: Can't get fuel line off fuel rail (Fitch catalyst install)