2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MUST WATCH :: WOT videos :-D !! ::FIXED::

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 08:26 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MUST WATCH :: WOT videos :-D !! ::FIXED::

ORIGINAL: 98DodgeRam1500

ORIGINAL: CPTAFW163

Makes me wonder if I could go to 5800 RPMs and not end up with my engine in my lap. How many miles do you have on the rotating assembly? I know you swapped a cama few days ago (congrats), but how many miles are on your rods and bearings?

I have to fluff the pedal to get mine to shift at WOT. I guess i get scared my engine is gonna blow. I need to get the chips for my 6AL box so I can breathe easier.
change your shift points. I recently did, I moved the adjustment the wrong way at first and i liked the shift timing, but it didn't resolve my WOT issue, so yesterday I messed with it and moved it back the other way and now it will shift at WOT, but its shifting early all the time. So I am not sure, I guess I have to try to move it slighly back.
Search for Tranny Shift Points.

thanks for the tip lol theres quite a bit more to shifting than the "secret" kickdown adjustment.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:41 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

NICE!, sounds like you riding in a rocket! Love that slappy slow down at the end.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:44 AM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

Wow Indy thats almost as fast as my truck! lol Mines not even close, that thing is quick. I like how you built it to handle holding the gears above 5500.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:04 PM
mikerados21
Veteran

i have two things too say #1 I hate you lol do you know how that you are breaking 14's?! Im gonna have to pull something outa my *** to keep up with you. Agh. Well my truck gets out of the shop in 5 days ! Well see what she does.....

#2 Send you valvebody too the fastman or get a exchange and that will help the shift points....

Old 01-20-2008, 02:25 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain

At least someone out there is making us 2WDs proud! Right on, man, and good job!

Quick Reply: MUST WATCH :: WOT videos :-D !! ::FIXED::