2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Think my cat is plugged gotta dumb ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Ibleedmopar
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think my cat is plugged gotta dumb ?

Will it mess with my computer to gut my cat out. Will gas mileage be worse. Right now I have single exhaust through cat and no muffler behind that runs out the back. Not familiar with dealing with the cat. What does it do to o2 sensors Any help is appreciated. Thanks Eric

Old 01-21-2008, 12:53 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Think my cat is plugged gotta dumb ?

It won't mess up the computer. But it will make your 2nd O2 sensor go faster. I have had the samesensors in for the past 2.5 years and no more engine light with my gutted cat. When it does go out, all that will happen is you will be burning more fuel than you should be and your emissions will be horrendous.

If I were you, I would just go to a y pipe. Skip the cat altogether. Unless you really need it for safety inspection (ie, you don't know anybody that can hok you up).

Old 01-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Think my cat is plugged gotta dumb ?

You can get an O2 simulator for your rear 02 sensor so you won't throw a CEL. Check out www.thefastman.com for those.

The front 02 sensor will be fine.

Quick Reply: Think my cat is plugged gotta dumb ?