2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

this caught my eye

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 06:34 AM
ozyran
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: this caught my eye

ORIGINAL: spaz_22

i didn't know they made a 4 door version. But the 2 door version (ramcharger) in mexico was never offered in the united states because there isn't a market for a 2 door suv. Why would dodge spend the money to make it meet us standards and emissions and computer requirements when they already have the durango...thats why they never made the ramcharger in america....because there isn't a market for them anymore...
The Jeep Wrangler seems to sell well enough - and to that end, GM is rolling out a new, 2-door version of the Hummer.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:54 AM
jconaway
Rookie

Man, I would LOVE to have one of those full-size Dodge SUV's. I have a 98 Suburban with the 6.5 turbo diesel and my 98.5 RAM blows it away in terms of pulling power. Now, as for ride quality the Sub's got it all over the Ram, baby. Rides like a caddydue to the independent front suspension.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:58 AM
weewrestler

i read an article about it
it was never offered with a four wheel drive option

Old 01-25-2008, 05:13 PM
johnjokela
Veteran

it looks way better than a stuburban! i would drive one myself, the front of the truck is going to make this truck last awhile in the look department, IMO, i really dont like the durango's myself .... looks likes a Dakota Station wagon ........[sm=smiley29.gif][sm=ummmmokay.gif]

Old 01-26-2008, 12:36 AM
JCliffordd
Professional

ORIGINAL: rabbler

They probably just didn't want to compete with their own product. The Durango was still new in those days.
Back in the day there was a wicked concept truck called the Jeep Apache. It was built on the old Dakota platform before the ram like redesign. But they (Chrysler)said it was direct competition for the Dakota and shelved the project. Too bad it was pretty cool.
I love mopar and i like chrysler for dodge and jeep, but when chrysler bought jeep and ended the J10 series because they were afriad of cutting sales on dodge pickups that pissed me off because the the J10 is such an amazing truck.
And i agree with you Cereal Killer on some ways but mainly yes.

Quick Reply: this caught my eye