2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

*Post Header Install/Symptoms* (Fresh Start)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:14 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Post Header Install/Symptoms* (Fresh Start)

lets see an O2 sensor cost at most 70$ and even if was a huge pain in the *** you couldf have replaced it in an hour. Live and learn. I don't think it was his fault that they went out. They were probably the orignal ones. He had to pull them out to do the exhaust work. In my opinion you owe him the money.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:29 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Ok, I just need to take a big deep breath here, and think it over here. I got the truck back...and she is running great. BUT, he will never see my face again. I gave them the biggest lecture in the world, they were ****ting bricks. I never laughed at any of his gay/icebreaker jokes. I threw him the cash on the desk and I just walked out. I got into the truck and started it up...lol, and guys...it gets even better. I looked to my shifter in the gauge cluster, and you know where that little orange marker is that tells you what gear your in (Drive, Reverse, Neutral, etc. etc.) Yeah, well guess what, was completely gone. So I walked back inside and I said uh, guys...it's one thing that you guys have been dishonest with me and have jerked me off for money, but this is unacceptable. Then his stupid little teen worker was like, "oh yeah, we realized that your transmission doesn't really have a clean shift from 1st to 2nd, so you may want to be easy on your transmission, theres a cable that connects to your transmission so it probably just snapped". Then I was like, I know my transmission, it is fine, and that orange marker was there when I dropped the vehicle off, and now it is not, I want it fixed, NOW! So monday morning I have to once again bring the truck back for their wrong doings. I know I shouldnt go back, but I cant let them get away with that. Thankfully the truck is running great though. So as of now, it has a completely new tune-up (by default[8D]), new o2 sensors that are not spliced, and I just threw in a couble bottles of fuel system cleaner as well just to really put it home. I just disconnected the battery terminals as well to let the computer relearn once more. What a disgrace though huh guys?? I may not even bring it back down there for that tranny marker in the shifter. Is something like that easy to fix myself?

Old 02-01-2008, 02:31 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

WOW !!!!! i wonder how much bussiness would be lost if my dads shop would keep charging people for our f up..LOL.. this guy is insane...Let me ask this question : i seen online where you can get an extended wire for the 02 sensor (plug & play) , has any one seen this ??
- - - - - - - -
Here is teh 12" @ Jegs http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_470506_-1 or part number 182-109209
and the 24" extension @ Jegs http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_470507_-1 or part number 182-109210

Hope this helps,
pcfixerpro

Old 02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

o2 you could'a doneyourself. idk bout the marker. I know my neighbor did a engine swap in his furd ranger when the freeze plug drop'd out. He put it back inand the orange stick is off. It says 2n'd gear when its in drive. Too much hassel to fix it. In your case I guess you have two options. let them fix it, or take it to the stealership and pay for it& hope you can bill the other place. and uh... how tehhedid they mess that up to begin with??? haha... sounds like they keep sabatoging ya.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

After I had my trans worked on the first time, I got in and the needle was off. I didn't think much of it until I got home. I could get the truck in park, but couldn't remove the key because the lever didn't go over far enough to unlock the column. I took it right back to the dealership, and he reach up with a wrench inside the wheel well up by the firewall, and made a quick adjustment. I watched the needle move into the correct place as he did it. Took about 15 second to fix it. It happened so fast, I didn't get to see what he was adjusting. Now If the needle is missing, that is probably a new story all together.

I would definetly not go back to them for any reason. Since you bitched them out so much, who knows what they might do to your truck that could harm it later. I say cut your losses, and don't increase you headache by going back to them yet again. It can only lead to no good. If you still must take it back to them, I wouldn't let the truck out of your site while it is there. Observe everything they do.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:38 PM
johnjokela
Veteran

+1 i did my heater core and when i dropped the steeing column it broke the little wire that controls the the indicator needle, so i said *** it and mine reads off, i really dont pay attention to it anymore i just feel for the P,R,N,D and know its it drive, just comes natural, *** THAT SHOP THEY PROBALLY HAMMERED ON YOUR TRUCK WHILE THEY TEST DROVE THE **** OUT OF IT,redline it in first ,etc.etc.(have you seen ferris bueller's day off) im sure they are sick of you and your truck by now so, what else do they have to do ,but to *** it up worse when they get it next time, but then again im sure you wont mind paying more $ for them to fix that either, looks like a repeat customer to keep them in business tome![sm=owned.gif]

Old 02-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just out of curiousity what is it that you do for a job that is so easy and pays so well that you don't mind getting hussled out of hundreds of dollars time after time? You really should wise up because people are going to take advantage of you your entire life if you don't.

BUT... I amglad to hear your truck is up and running right this time. I wouldn't take it back to them for the transmission, I garuntee at this point they realized you're an easy target andthey'll probably break something else for themselves to fix the next time if you bring your truck back there. If they haven't already. I'dgo around and check all your fluids, and make sure your lug nuts are tight.

and before you put anymore mods on your truck LEARN HOW TO DO IT YOURSELF before you even buy it.There's instructions on how to make a nuclear bomb on the internet (provided you could actually aquire the materials necessary) so you can damn sure bet there's a DIY write up for just about eveything for your truck.

Aside frome this site check out:

www.pavementsucks.com
www.pirate4x4.com

It'll save you a ton of money and you'll learn something in the mean time. You can make sure it's done the right way the first time.I know you didn't want to do these headers yourself because you thought it would take too long and you didn't have the time, but how was having your truck ****ed up for the last 3 weeks? I'm sure it was a much greater inconvinience to you. Not to mention your out what now? about a $1000? not including the price of the headers.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:06 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah, to hell with them, they are not getting my truck back. The only reason I paid these guys the money is because you learn after awhile dealing with mechanics that you have to keep the ball rolling. If they are going to be dishonest smucks, the best thing you can do is get them to finish the job and then get it the hell out of there. I'm also in a bind, my mechanic I usually always go to has suddenly gone out of business and sketchily has been out of contact. Even if his cellphone is disconnected. He was always a sketchy guy, but took care of us. I did try to get the problem fixed from somewhere else, but then they wrongfully assessed the situation, and charged me for a tune-up. I did need a tune-up actually, but now wasn't the time. So I had no choice but to go back to the guy who did the job originally, and was willing to do the job. What a ****ty situation though. And it's true, I should have taken the manifolds off myself. Me and my brother tackled his manifolds and we did a great job, but of course we found more **** when his heads were exposed (it was chipped)...so his truck has been in the shop for over a week now, and probably won't be done till mid next week. It will be very nice when he gets it back (newly planed heads, camshaft, doug thorley headers....****in bastard[8D]). Anyway it was a very crappy situation, was quite the ride, I'm just glad I have my baby back and that she's all back up to par.

As for the money situation...well, all I can say is I work a ton of hours. I do direct care for 55 hours a week with mentally handicapped clients. It's big bucks too because not many people don't want to work in this particular field with these particular clients. I also am going to school full time, and thankfully my parents are taking care of me and providing financial support, so Im lucky in that department. Then, me and my twin brother, along with my older brother are renting a house right now so we split all the costs up. So I am able to clear a lot of money every week...usually around $500 after all taxes. Im lucky because I dont really have that many finanical setbacks other than paying for our house and all the bills that go with a house. My truck is paid off as well now (finally paid my aunt back). But it can get really stressful trying to manage all those hours every week, but its necessary for me to be happy[8D]. I usually dont get anally raped though, but this guy just really took advantage. Sometimes you just have to keep it rolling though and not stress about it too much because there really is nothing you can do. Im just glad I got my truck back, and I learned big time from this. Mechanics think they win by being dishonest and charging you too much, but all that does it **** your cusomers off and you loose thier business, like he did mine. If you cut your customers breaks now and then, and you take care of them, they will always come back...ALWAYS. I just keep running into dumbass mechanics who blow their load too early and jerk the price up too much like dumbasses, so their loss. Anyway, this was a good lesson, thanks guys for following me on this rough journey lol, now we can finally move on

Old 02-01-2008, 05:38 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Atleast you have your truck back so you can drive it. Mine is sitting at a shop with the tranny out and the APS one sitting next to it ready to go in. The only problem is the torque converter didn't show up so they can't put the new one in. They wanted me to get one from a local shop. I talked to Wayne and he said he was on the phone with UPS and that they don't seem to know where it is but that he called a guy in who is building me another today and they will overnight it to the shop. I hope I can get this thing back soon. I'm excited to drive it.

Quick Reply: *Post Header Install/Symptoms* (Fresh Start)