2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

*Post Header Install/Symptoms* (Fresh Start)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: *Post Header Install/Symptoms* (Fresh Start)

I think you should only have to pay the original $390. Everything else should have been on him because of his incompetance.

By the way, there is a Hall of Fame/Shame thread on here. It is a place you could post about businesses you really liked, and ones you would never go to again (so others can avoid them too). You should put this guys shop in that list, and i'm not thinking Fame either.

Here it is:
https://dodgeforum.com/m_690900/tm.htm

Old 02-01-2008, 11:11 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He had to replace both o2 sensors he said. He didn't even call me yesterday to check in with me. He should take blame for his job and at least be coming level with me on this price. When I get down there I expect him to lower that price. I already paid him $390 for the job. And then $190 the second time. Now he has the nerve to charge me $337? **** that, you don't do that to somebody, especially after I already paid him for that original job, which he ****ed up himself. I'm just so annoyed right now, I'm going down right now to go get the truck...What a ****ing *******.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully the truck is finally fixed though.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW !!!!! i wonder how much bussiness would be lost if my dads shop would keep charging people for our f up..LOL.. this guy is insane...Let me ask this question : i seen online where you can get an extended wire for the 02 sensor (plug & play) , has any one seen this ??

Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 AM
johnjokela
Veteran

remeber when your mechanic quoted 3-6 hrs or something like that, and he said it was a PITA and should of charged more cuz it took him way longer and had problems, well looks like he got his money's worth in the long run, you should'nt of paid him for the exhaust work after he fuked it up $190 ??? sorry man, you aint got no ball's [sm=WTFsgign.gif], i know i sound like a complete dick right now but holy **** your getting totally fuked in the *** on this one, i could only see paying him for the time and the two sensors, because to the mechanic this is a different job to him after the exhaust ordeal.. im not an *** but when i read **** like this im like *** ME RUNNING!!!!!!!![sm=escape.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]HOPE nobody has to go thru with this crap and thier trucks, hope all works out for you dodgeneon[sm=deal.gif]

Old 02-01-2008, 11:59 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

wow... how many times did yall say it was a o2 sensor? could have saved you alot of money if you had looked at that before payin 300 bucks to this *******. get your dad to go up there, if you arnt gonna say somethin to him.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow dude, your mechanic thinks he smells some good old ***** and now he wants to **** you. You can't let that happen.If there's anything wrong with those oxygen sensors it's because he ****ed them up. I don't even know why he replaced the rear one cause there probably wasn't anything wrong with it.

Honestly I wouldn't even get all excited yet, casue I have a feeling the next time you post it will be about how your truck stalled on the way home from the shop. Hopefully this is not the case.

Let me say it one more time real big just so i feel better...
YOU CANNOT PAY THIS GUY

I can't beleive you payed him the last time and he didn't fix anything. You've already paid like a thousand dollars for headers and this cranks it up to like 1400. I've seen my dad shoot at people over less money than thatso I'm fairly sure this mechanic doesn't do that to everybody becasue I don't think he'd still be around, and this time before you leave make sure he takes a ride with you incase it starts acting up again.

Deffinetly deffinetly post the name of this place in the hall of shame so no other people accidentally go to this place.

Good luck neon, I really hope your truck is back on the road after this. If it's not I'll give you the name of a mechanic in Pennsylvania. It's a drive, but he actually knows how to fix vehicles. Then we'll go feed your old mechanic to the pigs

Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 PM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

i seen online where you can get an extended wire for the 02 sensor (plug & play) , has any one seen this ??
Yes and No. I contacted summitracing like 2 weeks ago in regards to an extension by a company called Caspers Electronics. They make extensions, just not for our trucks. Summit gave me the number for caspers (i threw it away though) and said they would probably make a custom unit.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:54 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not to menton all the money and pain ,at the dealer becasue of that dude d*ckhead mistakes.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:59 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not to mention all the money and stressyou put into the dealer because of him tooo!!!

Quick Reply: *Post Header Install/Symptoms* (Fresh Start)