2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

doing plenum soon what do i need and expect?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:46 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default doing plenum soon what do i need and expect?

yes ive read up all the threads but wanna make sure i dont miss something would have posted in silvers thread but didnt wanna steal the thread..... heres what i wanna do.... first off the plenum repair kit also ima get 180 tsta and do the fastman 50mm tb while im in there is there any little thing i sould do whil i got my hands dirrrrty im already spending a lil chunk a change so i wanna do it right lil thing like new plugs and other **** like that i can do later cause i plan a reg tune soon also ill just a thing or two here and there so if yall got some advise pls help me out ill keep my eyes on silvers posts and i just wanna start ordering soon the ping drives me nutz......j

Old 01-29-2008, 07:57 PM
nolazach
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: doing plenum soon what do i need and expect?

There must be a ton of us doing the plenum thing. I wasn't even gonna touch it until I saw all the posts on it.

The only thing I used not listed was tons of enigine degreaser and rags to stuff the motor with. But like you I am all ears.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Id say definetly the water pump bypass hose and the t-stat. Anything else you see in my list, but the plenum kit has you pretty well covered for the most part.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:45 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ford motorsport 24lb/hr injectors. See sig for part number. if you are putting on the fastman the 24 lb/hr injectors will compliment the higher airflow with the extra fuel they provide. And go with an open element air filter. If you are getting more air in the engine, you will get more power with more fuel as well. Then if you get a Mopar PCM or B&G...you will really see a difference with the injectors.

Getting the heat shield tape for your fuel rail would be cool to do....as well as some orange paint!

edit. While everything is off...adding an underdrive crank pulley will free up some HP. I am gonna do pulleys, electric fan, 4 degree advance timing chain,and a fastman with my plenum install. Like you, I want to get as much done as i can with everything off.

BTW, where can i get a hughes plenum kit? I have been searching and i can't find it.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:19 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats the injectors run ? or even the pcm ? just curious im not working with a ton a money so i figued the best bang for my buck would be fastmans 5mm and my plenum kit little stuff can come a lil down the road.... ya feel me....not literally..... also what kinda discount does fastman give on the tb's if ur part of this forum......j

Quick Reply: doing plenum soon what do i need and expect?