2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Deer Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:34 PM
BoDuke1987
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deer Wreck

Well, I was on my way home last friday night about 1 in the morning from hanging out with friends. I was going down into a deep gorge called Twin Bridges. Right as I was rounding the second to last corner before the straight stretch, a deer ran out onto the road at the last second. Needless to say, I could not stop in time to keep front hit the doe. Lucky for me, that Sunday I had gotten a heavy duty brush/grill guard froma friend for free, and I had welded it onto the frame. When I hit the doe, it bent one of the bars on the guard. I had also bolted it to the sub-frameof my sport bumper. Well, it bent the brackets on the sub-frame to whereI cannot open the hood on the truck. It busted 2 of my 4Baja off-road lightsthat I had put on it, as well as the angle iron that they was bolted to.It also knocked the left side inserts out of the grill and cracked the plastic on the right side. So, if anyone has a sport grill out there for a 99-01 sport ram, I would greatly appreciate it. I was mad, but I would have been pissed if the deer had lived, gotten up and ran off.

Kris

Old 01-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Deer Wreck

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Glad you were not hurt.....

Old 01-31-2008, 04:48 PM
BoDuke1987
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll get some pictures on here either tomorrow or Saturday. I'm glad I had the guard put on it, because like Indy, I would just have cried to what damage it would have done. I would maybe had to replace the lights, bumper, grille, fenders, hood, radiator, a/c cooler, trans. oil cooler, and etc. How much does a sport grille for a 2000 sport ram run for anyway?

Old 01-31-2008, 05:13 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I looked on eBay for you, can't find a single thing. All they have there are the inserts.

I'll keep looking around the web for ya. They're here somewhere...

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, glad you're OK.

Quick Reply: Deer Wreck