2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:13 PM
venado
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Injectors

I will like to know if an injector can be fixed or what part should be busted in orderto be replaced ?

Which is the price of an injector & who could have good (on-line) prices on injectors ?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Question about Injectors

Is your injector in question broken?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't think that an injector could be fixed if any part is broken, not 100% sure though. The factory injectors are about $70.00 each and the part number that you need is 53030778. The injectors are the same for a 5.2L and a 5.9L...

Old 02-06-2008, 01:27 PM
venado

ORIGINAL: VWandDodge

Is your injector in question broken?
Not Shure.

Im having some problems with my truck i dont know if an injector is broken or they just need to be cleaned but im preparing my self for the worst in case they tell me i have 2 or 3 busted injectors [sm=bicker.gif]....

My truck was working fine & suddenly the motor started working like if a spark plug was busted i checked them all and they just look fine but black smoke is going out the muffler and smells like un burned gas .

Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How can you be breaking plugs and injectors? I think you're reading more into this than there is. First, do a search for "cleaning" or even "sonic cleaner" in this forum. Injectors don't break unless you crawl under the hood and whack them with a hammer. You have other issues to address. First, how many miles on the engine? When is the last time the oil was changed (with the filter); the air filter; O2 sensors, etc. Are you still running the original converter? Is your truck throwing any codes?

Look at things like that first.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Tarner
Professional

Rock Auto. Best place I've found for OEM part on the net. Don't start buying parts till you know whats wrong. You'll go broke in a hurry trying to fix things that aren't broke.

Quick Reply: Question about Injectors