2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help (i'm new)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help (i'm new)

ORIGINAL: turkeyhunter1962

If you're Dad is a mechanic and can set up the gears for you then you can probably get bu much cheaper than $1000 per axle. Randy's Ring and Pinion http://www.ringpinion.com/has a very good selection of gears and install kits. Maybe begin by checking there for what you need. As the others are saying, you are overworking your tranny with those tires and 3:55 gears. If you don't do something soon, my guess is that you are going to smoke the tranny.

Regardingthe miss I nbelieve that it is being caused by cap/rotor/wires. WHen installing new wires be sure to cross the #5 and #7 wires at right angles preferably with them not touching each other. Our Magnum engines are notorious for cross firing these two cylinders. Purchase abrass contact cap and rotor and at a minimum 8 mm wires.

The reason the fuel filter is so expensive is that I believe it is part of the fuel pump and both reside in the fuel tank. Our Ram trucks do not have a factory installed fuel filter that is external to the tank.

Good luck and also welcome to the forum.
+1 Have had the same problem with my wires.