2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which heads???

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:26 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Which heads???

To use your stock valve train in RT heads you need the 1.92valved heads. You will only see a small gain using those heads so they arent really worth it. Better off getting some loaded EQ heads. Flow better than the RT202 heads.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Slomojo01
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.mopartsracing.com/ Has good prices on all the good stuff like heads, intakes, cams, etc.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:54 PM
greenmachine
All Star

Someone correct me if I am wrong. You can't use the first one ituses aLA style bolt pattern. I did not read that it had the dual pattern for the Magnum. Hughes is selling the same head for 265. From what they claim here I will have to go with the oversized. IMO

Part No.[/align]

Part Description[/align]

Price[/align]

Qty[/align]

Hi-Performance 62cc Iron S.Block New Casting! (Magnum Style Rockers)
This part number & price is for a single bare head.
[/align]
If you are interested in a set of these with valves, either stock or oversize follow these links.Click here for a set of these withSTOCKvalves or here for a set withOVERSIZE valves
These are brand new heads, not reconditioned. They are considered heavy
duty because they have pressed-in, hardened exhaust seats like diesel, and R/T heads. OEM Magnum heads are extremely prone to cracking between the seats. This is a very common problem with heads that have induction hardened exhaust seats, like the OEM iron heads. OurIron RamsMagnum Heads #4666 have all of the bolt and accessory mounting holes and are a direct replacement for the OEM 5.2L/5.9L Magnum heads. These heads have all the original type and sized parts.
Now for the good stuff!
The heads with stock valves (as shown above) exceed the flow of the stock OEM Magnum heads and are almost equal to the stock Edelbrock aluminum Magnum head and exceed the Mopar Performance R/T heads. You should see a performance improvement by simply bolting these on.
And now for the even better stuff!
These heads, when upgraded to 2.02" and 1.620" lightweight swirl polished, narrowed stem racing valves and a Hughes Engines, Inc. racing valve job will exceed the flow of out of the box Edelbrock Magnum heads and blow away the 2.02" valve R/T heads! If you need more airflow than this, we can port this head (HPS1-Mag) or you can step up to a set of our Stage II ported Edelbrock Magnum heads (HUG4610-S2).Keep in mind that these heads can be ordered with the "LA"style intake manifold bolt pattern only (#4668) . They can also bedrilled to accept the "LA" style intake bolt pattern (dual usage)for an additional $80.00[/align]

Old 02-08-2008, 09:25 PM
zddp8868
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mjsracer18

Hey everyone,Im looking to buy a set of new heads for my 360here are the three options i have for now....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-L...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-C...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/318-3...spagenameZWD1V

Thanks,
Matt.
#1 will not fit.

#2 looks like a stock repro head... with no specs i might add... so ur paying for new STOCK heads. i wouldnt because ur going to have to replace the valve springs, retainers, etc. with a new cam.

#3... at least it have some specifications...as them for flow numbers and info on the valve springs

that small combustion chamber is going to bump your compression up quite a bit. 176cc runners are darn near perfect for a street motor of that size. 2.02s are great but you'd better be putting in a nice cam!

aside from those 3, you can always get a set of R/T heads and do some workto them... if ur taking them to a machine shop, porting them is an all too common phrase that is used but widely misunderstood. if the heads were FULLY ported with bigger valves and everything, they wouldnt really be street heads and it would cost around 1000+ bucks. "pocket porting" is much more realistic and inexpensive. you can keep ur stock valves and increase flow at its weakest point.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Mjsracer18

Thanks forthe imput everyone,i ended up ordering a set ofthe HD heads for now,i might go for some r/ts or something later but i need to get the truck running and the hds are a pretty decent price.

Quick Reply: Which heads???