2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

camper shell interchangeability????

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:17 PM
pollocksn
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camper shell interchangeability????

Ok I have been searching for months for a used camper shell for my truck. Call me dumb but I like the way they look and I need the dry storage space. I cant for the life of me find one for a 2001 ram short bed. Is there any campers from ford or dodge that would fit that you guys know of? Or would a 3 gen one fit? Also, has anyone had one painted and how much do you think it would cost? Thanks internet friends.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Slomojo01
Professional
Default RE: camper shell interchangeability????

check out craigslist.com I got one off some guy who posted for 200, but I saw a few real nice snugtops for around 5 bills as well.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I assume you mean a topper, not a camper. I bought mine off craigslist too. It was a $1400 topper, I paid about $400. Carpeted interior, lights, sliding windows. Only problem is, it is white. Plan to paint it someday. I see thm on craigslist all the time. Also, there are some places in my town that specialize in used toppers, you should check the yellow pages where you live.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:24 PM
pollocksn
Professional

Ya I said camper but meant topper. I have been watching craigslist for a month or two still nothing. I have been looking in a three hour radius from me and cant seem to find one for a ram. How different are the tops for other brand trucks? I am gonna check the yellow pages for used ones, thanks for the tip silver.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Try posting in the wanted section of Craigslist.

The 3rd gen trucks are differnt. It will work, but they look funny. I don't know if ones for any other brand truck will fit or not.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:44 PM
pollocksn
Professional

Im going to do a post I suppose. I did find one that was way to much $$$. The guy had it on a F150 but said it was actually for a dodge. You really couldnt tell. I guess what ever I look at I can always test fit it before I give them the money. Who would have thought finding a topper would be hard?

Old 02-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Slomojo01
Professional

Make one of oak. That would actually look pretty nice. Kinda like the old school wood beds on older trucks.

Quick Reply: camper shell interchangeability????