2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

occupation of 2nd gen owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: occupation of 2nd gen owners

ORIGINAL: pollocksn

ORIGINAL: Wickedwiggles

7-11 employee and full time student at UCO
Hey I go to UCO! What 7-11 do you work at? I stop at one everyday before class and buy chocolate milk. There is a dodge usually parked out front.
So do I, althought I won't return to school in the summer. I have a Teal extended cab and pics of it are posted here. I'm a programmer for the FAA in OKC.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 92GreenYJ

I'm a restaurant manager and sometimes i write freelance articles for Petersen's 4Wheel and Off-Road magazine. the freelance gig mostly supports my Jeep though. I actually bought the Ram when I was promoted to manager since i wanted a reliable and comfortable daily driver for my 30 minute commute when it is to cold or raining and I can't ride the Motorcycle. Now that I have it i'm also using it to haul my quad and the Jeep around to the trails. Glad I got the Ram. I was originally looking at a small truck like a Ranger or and S-10
How did you get into writing freelance articles for them? Did you just submit some writings, and they liked it enough to publish, or what?

Old 02-15-2008, 04:16 PM
92GreenYJ
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

ORIGINAL: 92GreenYJ

I'm a restaurant manager and sometimes i write freelance articles for Petersen's 4Wheel and Off-Road magazine. the freelance gig mostly supports my Jeep though. I actually bought the Ram when I was promoted to manager since i wanted a reliable and comfortable daily driver for my 30 minute commute when it is to cold or raining and I can't ride the Motorcycle. Now that I have it i'm also using it to haul my quad and the Jeep around to the trails. Glad I got the Ram. I was originally looking at a small truck like a Ranger or and S-10
How did you get into writing freelance articles for them? Did you just submit some writings, and they liked it enough to publish, or what?
Don't know hopw familiar you are with JP magazine or its writers, but I am a friend of Pete Trasborg who is a full time staffer for JP. JP, Petersen's, 4WD& Sport Utility, and Off Road magazine are all in the same building up in LA. So when a full time writer slot opened up at Petersen's my buddy Pete suggested i submit an application along with some writing and photo samples. Rick Pewe, the Editor for Petersen's actually offered me a full time gig but I didn't want to move to LA so I asked about freelance instead and he said sure. So i've been writing articles on and off for the past year or so for them. its a pretty cool gig, i just send everything in thru e-mail or i mail in a disk.

edit: heres some links to a few of my articles that are on the Petersen's website:
my DIY Blue Torch Fab tube fender article: http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techart...ers/index.html
My Edelbrock Ti-Tech coated header install article: http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techart...all/index.html
a trail ride article i did: http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/eventco...eep/index.html
http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/eventco...yon/index.html

Old 02-15-2008, 04:17 PM
jpankask

ORIGINAL: XXL 1500

ORIGINAL: jpankask

Nuclear Engineer. Truck was my graduation present to myself. 160,000 miles andTWO transmissions later, she's still a pretty good truck.
wow, i REALLY was thinking about getting into this field instead of what i did, i STILL MAY do it, but im not sure yet...
How do you like it?
I love it. Many people hate it. There are a lot of rules and nothing happens fast because of all the beauracracy. There is good long-term potential in the nuclear field as several companies are looking into building new plants and it is projected that almost 50% of the current staff at nuclear plants will be eligible to retire in the next 5-10 years.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:56 PM
mopar crazy
Professional

Just got promoted to department lead for the stockroom at Generac Power Systems.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:16 PM
jakemary
Rookie

cable guy.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:29 PM
TheForce55555
All Star

cable guy.

Like the one in the movie.................j/k

Old 02-15-2008, 08:31 PM
MMGoose

US ARMY for about another 2 months........then got a federal job on a Special Response Team.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Wickedwiggles
Veteran

quote:

ORIGINAL: pollocksn

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Wickedwiggles

7-11 employee and full time student at UCO
[/blockquote]

Hey I go to UCO! What 7-11 do you work at? I stop at one everyday before class and buy chocolate milk. There is a dodge usually parked out front.

Yeah the guy who used to have the giant afro that was me heh cut it tho, to join the corporate machine!

Old 02-16-2008, 06:33 AM
petekf4qoe
Rookie

EMT Medic / Volunteer Fire Fighter. And yes I drive an Ambulance

Quick Reply: occupation of 2nd gen owners