2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cup Holder Recall?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008 | 11:27 PM
Dontdodgeitramit
|
Professional
Default Cup Holder Recall?

2000 Ram and the cup holder with a nice hot 20 oz coffee on the floor.. I never used it really and it was fine before and now it wont stay on the dash.. The whole dash down there cracked off like I sat on it.

Old 02-13-2008 | 08:47 PM
mr freeze
Veteran
Default RE: Cup Holder Recall?

The guy who designed the cupholders for Rams should burn in hell.Along with the guy who put the distributor under the firewall and the guy who put the thermostat housing behind all the crap on the front of the motor.

Old 02-13-2008 | 10:55 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

I happen to like my cupholders. One of the best things about this truck to me.

Old 02-13-2008 | 11:09 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran

I call my 95 cup holder the launching pad. But, from forcing down a 20oz bottle of Mountain Dew, I eventually cracked the bottom out. I cut the rest of it out, now it holds a 32oz QT or Big gulp. It still pushes back into the dash. My advice: cut the drivers side bottom out, BUT you will have to pull out the ashtray to keep the 20 ouncers from hitting the floor. Or, just keep an empty 32 cupin the truck.

Old 02-13-2008 | 11:16 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

For whatever reason my truck didn't even come with a cupholder option. I just bought the cupholder add on for the center console, and oh my god, I never seen something so simple make my life. The holders are extra deep, it swallows an xtra large cup at dunkin donuts. Ya dont have to worry about **** spilling or rolling around everywhere when your doing a little offroading or doing some donuts lmao. Has a nice little cellphone holder too, the thing is mint, makes driving 10x more enjoyable than it already is.

Old 02-14-2008 | 11:10 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

1997 and older dodge ram cup holder design is TERRIBLE.....98 and newer is much better idea, no issues with mine but i know some people have broken theirs.

Old 02-14-2008 | 11:15 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

I happen to like my cupholders. One of the best things about this truck to me.
guess the 01 is better than the pre 97s. Like 1bigramaniac said....its totaly a launching pad.

as for recalls...I dont believe there are any. There should be though.

ORIGINAL: 01DodgeRam360

For whatever reason my truck didn't even come with a cupholder option. I just bought the cupholder add on for the center console, and oh my god, I never seen something so simple make my life. The holders are extra deep, it swallows an xtra large cup at dunkin donuts. Ya dont have to worry about **** spilling or rolling around everywhere when your doing a little offroading or doing some donuts lmao. Has a nice little cellphone holder too, the thing is mint, makes driving 10x more enjoyable than it already is.
whatcha got. Im really thinking im just going to go get one of those rather than fooling arround with the factory one.

Old 02-14-2008 | 11:39 AM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran

When the truck was brand new we went around a turn and my cup full of root beer hit the floor. I looked at my wife(who was driving) and she just shuddered. The good news is we scotch guarded it (with the real stuff before it was oulawed) so I was able to get it all cleaned up. No I cuss.

Old 02-14-2008 | 11:50 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: 1BigRamaniac

When the truck was brand new we went around a turn and my cup full of root beer hit the floor. I looked at my wife(who was driving) and she just shuddered. The good news is we scotch guarded it (with the real stuff before it was oulawed) so I was able to get it all cleaned up. No I cuss.
i did that with coffee the first week i had mine. never used that thing again unless im sittin

Old 02-14-2008 | 02:39 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

whatcha got. Im really thinking im just going to go get one of those rather than fooling arround with the factory one.
Here is the link to give you the idea, but if you type in dodge ram cupholder on ebay, they offer them for all the dodge ram 94-01/. They are a little pricey but they really kickass.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...00529&rd=1

You don't ever have to worry about a drink falling out of the holder and rolling on the floor when your trying to drive, this thing just swallows them lol.

Quick Reply: Cup Holder Recall?