2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

repaired plenum!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:43 AM
dakmxer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default repaired plenum!!

got the new gaskets and bolts from the Dealership and decided to bite the bullet and fix it, took me about 1 hour for the teardown and ran around town for about another hour getting little odds and ends (hint) make sure you get EVERYTHING you need before starting, like hoses to replace, little tool to get gas line off, torque wrench, OK that was my tip for the day. Spent another hour cleaning off gaskets and getting everythingready to go back in, and another 2 hours to replace every thing. I'd say a good 4 hours to do it right. Any ways I also tuned it up with new cap, button, plugs, wires and a 180 t-stat. Runs great now! Mine had alot, I mean alot of oil leaking into the intake, the gasket was blowed out in one place. Want to give a big THANKS!! to everybody on the forum with their post on the plenum, was a huge help!!! Now if I can get rid of slight and occasional shudder (rumble strip on hiway) in the tranny!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:16 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: repaired plenum!!

congrats. good luck on the tranny...

Quick Reply: repaired plenum!!