2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
#1 Same color
58.06%
#2 Grey everything (trying to mimic AAR scheme)
22.58%
#3 Grey primer with white stripes.
19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Repairing Indy

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:17 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repairing Indy

I have all the parts I need, or know where I can get them readily. Tomorrow I am going to finish pulling, cleaning, and painting. After that Reassembally starts. I still havent figgured what I want to do with the hood, as far as paint is concerned. Ill be sticking with the 68 rr 6pack scoop, because its the closest thing Ill have to a 68 rr (my second favorite car) and I love the way it looks. The thing thats stillup in the air, is the color of the hood. I have a couple ideas in mind. #1 try to recreate exactly what I had, but with blue that isnt the same color as the rest of the truck. #2 Primer, dark grey. Hood and scoop to try to recreate the AAR look. #3 Primer gray with white stripes. Either way Im painting Phoenix on the side of the hood scoop and keeping the burnt grille as a momento (atleast untill carlisle )

Remember this is all with a rattle can. I can paint pritty well with one, but the can has definate limitations.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Silver1500
Professional
Default RE: Repairing Indy

What about black primer with the white stripes?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:27 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: Silver1500

What about black primer with the white stripes?
The primer Ill be using is DARK DARK grey, almost black.

Name:  aar-cuda_hood1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  34.6 KB

Old 02-20-2008, 08:38 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain

Primer looks goood.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:44 PM
sbrunn9
Veteran

I was gonna say flat black like the old muscle cars. Idk what kinda scheme though. How about trying some of the block/stripes. Idk what they're called but like the ones on the aar cars. Or just make it look like shi*. Then blow peoples doors off.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:15 PM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

hell i like it the way it is, but that primer with white stripes would look sick too. whatever it is just get it fixed!! ur about the only damn indy left on here

Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting idea, how about the black primer with grey stripes?
Could get an automotive paint store to load the Indy paint into spray cans if you wanted to return to stock color scheme.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:36 PM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever you do,will look great. I liked the pop of the white stripes vs. the blue. It is hard for me to imagine that truck in anything but blue to tell you the truth. You might be ready for a change though.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Silver1500
Professional

I absolutely love the scheems on the old muscle cars, Im sure with dark grey primer you will get the same effect. Theres my vote lol

Old 02-21-2008, 02:22 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: RM_Indy

Interesting idea, how about the black primer with grey stripes?
Could get an automotive paint store to load the Indy paint into spray cans if you wanted to return to stock color scheme.
Guess that must be a canadian thing, because Iv looked far and wide for a place that will mix PCH for me. The best Iv come up with was a gal @ $441 each.

The black with grey stripes would be interesting....I could do flat black primer with grey stripes and clear coat over the stripes...... Ill have to think about that.

ORIGINAL: 1BigRamaniac

Whatever you do,will look great. I liked the pop of the white stripes vs. the blue. It is hard for me to imagine that truck in anything but blue to tell you the truth. You might be ready for a change though.
Yea, I dont like the idea of doing anything diffrent AT ALL...but Im trying to keep this as low cost as possible.I know if I go get my hood profesionally painted Im going to want to get the rest done. Sad thing is most of the money for the fix is comming out of my paint fund which was almost there!!!!

Quick Reply: Repairing Indy