2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Product Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:13 PM
01ram1578
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Product Review

Has anyone ever used the Green brand cold air intake system. I saw one the other day and I'm considering getting it. What gains does it give, such as horsepower and mileage?

Old 03-02-2008, 04:05 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Product Review

If the filter is not completely enclosed, like in a Volant system, you might as well go the much cheaper 14x3 round intake route.

As far as HP and MPG, it will give you twenty more ponies and 5mpg increase. Just kidding. You're, realistically, looking at single digit HP increase, depending on your other mods, and you'll be lucky to get 1-2mpg increase. The main thing you will notice is how much faster the pickup will accelerate.

My problem once I got my Volant installed was keeping my lead foot off the pedal, since it had much better acceleration. My MPG actually stayed the same, maybe even went down 0.5 because that first week I couldn't stop my stupid foot.

Quick Reply: Product Review